Monday, March 05, 2007

Whoops!

Blog 030507

Umm,…whoops.

Seems the warehouse job I bid on at work is a full time meaning 40 hours, temp job that ends in June. What that means is that I would go from being a Top Flight employee to unemployed! Crap! I must’ve had my head up my ass combined with selective reasoning – as in selecting what I didn’t like and forgetting it!

So! I went to work today at 3pm and was asked if I knew it was a temp job. About 30 minutes later after a visit with Human Resources I opted out of the warehouse job and will be back at the job I really dislike but that is permanent. In the end, the only thing I lose is a job bid. Fortunately, I do have a second job bid. If I use that one, I’m done for 12 months and stuck in the new job I bid for. So I will be more careful with my bidding!

For good news though, my friend Sara has returned from the oblivion. This is most welcome news. She’s really cool and likes many of the same things I do. Now I’ve got to boot her in the ass to give me some poems for issue 3!

The weekend was decent. Spent a good chunk of time at my parents including supper both days. Sunday I hung out with friends playing Heroclix.

I had a couple of weird dreams. I just forgot one because my brother walked in. In another, I was driving around rural roads like the ones in my hometown on a bicycle. I’m pretty sure it would turn into a motorcycle when I had a hill to go up. I followed this road into a steep gulley that had a bank at the bottom. Their road out to the main road up the cliff was so steep I had to walk the bike up it or fear flipping over and rolling back down the hill.

I did another painting. I’ve been trying to do more art projects lately although they usually aren’t for the comic. I used my acrylic paints to paint a small red house on a snow covered field. It looks okay. I’m somewhat satisfied with it. Of course, it doesn’t resemble the photo reference I used as much as I hoped but the colors look fairly eye pleasing.

I also kicked out some pictures using conte crayons. These are uppity artiste crayons. They are fairly filthy to work with getting all over my fingers. One way of blending colors is to use your fingers like finger painting. The two landscapes look okay about again, not as close to the photo reference as I would like. Then again, I’ve done exactly two conte crayons pictures in a year.

I also used my color pencils to kick out some still life drawings. Since I’m color blind drawing and painting in color can be daunting to me. Following the art projects from my bargain $6 art book that I’ve grown to really like, the pictures I created look pretty darn good. One’s an apple and I like my end result more than the artist’s version that provided the instruction! My bananas look decent for my second picture except that one banana is a little lopsided. Still, I like the finally results of both.

Looks like I blew it as for getting my comic to my current favorite comics writer. I had asked some friends going to this big comic book convention but I forgot to remind them to take some copies. One friend decided to let the other friend do it. I hardly see that friend because I work third and he works second.

I can’t really think of much else. I didn’t succeed in any of the other 4 job bids I placed so it’s back to stamping logos on golf balls for me. And that kind of sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home