Tuesday, February 27, 2007

more job instability

Blog 022707

More work unstability. The RIM room where I was originally hired for is having meetings yesterday and today with the supervisors. The rumor floating around is that the room will be shut down for two weeks to maybe as much as two months. This is really stunning news. The company made sure to tell us new hires that this room had $22 million dollars invested in it. Now they’ve laid off every single person specifically hired for the room. Further, the company then laid off another 17 people from that room after that. And now, the raging rumor is at least a two week shutdown for the room. More should become clear in the coming days but lately, rumors have been becoming true at an alarming rate.

Work last night was decent overall. That was because I wasn’t doing my normal job of stamping. The only thing that sucked was that I was tired because I couldn’t get to sleep earlier in the day before work. So nearing six o’clock AM, I started getting a migraine. It was because I had about 90 minutes of sleep or less in 24 hours. Considering I did the same thing on Saturday I now realize my sleep has really been screwed up.

Tonight could be decent as well. It is inventory and I have to count. Possibly highly boring but better than stamping.

There are also 3 jobs to bid on. All are the same job and in the same room I currently work in. There is one position per shift making three jobs available. I shall be bidding on them.

Just heard on the news that the Bush administration is inn talks about the Iraq oil. They are working on a draft law that favors the American and British oil companies to control the Iraqi oil for long periods of time. The World Bank (who helped plan the Iraq invasion) and big oil companies are reported to be involved as consultants. War profiteering anyone? That’s all the Iraq war was ever about.

I’m not a big MySpace fan but I searched for my high school and year of graduation. 5 people came up that should be classmates of mine. I recognized the three guys. The two women I couldn’t place at all. If they really were classmates that graduated with me I can’t recall who they are.

I think that’s about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home