Sunday, February 04, 2007

More bad news, weird dream & one good thing

Blog 020407

Super Bowl Sunday today. I’m suppose to go over a friend’s house to check it out. We’ll see because he had a really shitty week in that a family member passed away and he and his dad had to fly across half the country for the funeral. My friend got back and then almost immediately had to go to work for 12 hours. We’ll see what condition he’s in today.

I really don’t care who wins the Super Bowl. I suppose I’m vaguely rooting for the Bears to win so that Peyton won’t have a Super Bowl title and he’ll be behind Tom Brady as ‘best quarterback’ in the NFL. But I don’t mind that much if Peyton wins because he’s a great player and seems to be a pretty decent person.

Had a really crazy ass dream yesterday. I always have really bizarre dreams when I don’t get much sleep. I can’t recall it all but I know I was at my parents’ house. I was in the kitchen looking out and seeing woodland animals all over the yard. Deer and rabbits mainly at first and then something big. It turned out to be a moose! It walked over to my neighbor’s house. She came out and tried to ‘shoo’ it away. She’s 80 something. Then the moose’s father and mother showed up. A policeman showed up and helped usher the animals away. It was more like the moose just went where they wanted which was away from people.

Turns out the cop was an old manager of mine from Toys R Us. He got some people together and they used crowbars or brute strength to literally steal my neighbor’s house by picking it up and walking off with it. The house was big too, not like the cinderblock thing she really house. It was a faded black house somewhat Victorian reminding me of the house from animated movie Monster House. It had a turret with a sloped roof too. It was rather ominous looking. For some reason, I seem to recall them putting the house down in the Big Y supermarket parking lot. Yet, after looking around I found the house in some fields behind my parent’s house. I could see the various rooftops of the house behind the trees separating my parent’s house from the back fields. Then, B-52 bombers suddenly whizzed overhead dropping bombs! But when the bombs exploded they showered the area with stove clothes. I’ve momentarily forgotten what the hell they are called as I went to write this. The things are the small square cloths one uses not to burn one’s hand when dealing with hot pans on a stove. Like an oven mitt. I can’t really recall much else other than that my whole family was around at this time.

Like I said, bizarre.

Got even more bad news the other day. My job still stucks. I’m not sure if they’ll keep me even though I don’t want to lose the job. I just want out of stamping. Supposedly I’m suppose to be a packer and not a stamper but they want to make sure I can stamp first. I can, but it’s so damn boring it sort of reminds me of a sweatshop. I screwed up a lot on Friday because I was so bored I keep mind wandering off and forgetting ball counts and loosing track of how many balls I stamped with logos and whatnot. So Tuesday could be my last day if they disqualify me. Hopefully I’ll keep the job and either switch to packing or bid out of the room.

More bad news. I recently had to reorder payment slips for my mortgage. They said they needed to do my annual review. The consensus is that my taxes went up because I now need to pay $25 extra a month. I also received a bill for $133.00 to bring the account up to date. Sigh. I can’t recall if I mentioned that I also got my Doing Business As form completed. It’s only another $75 to have a clerk log it and then another $20 to have a formal certificate. So January and so far February have rather sucked form the job and money standpoint. I got laid off/bumped people to keep my job, don’t like my new position, and got an additional $270 or so in bills I wasn’t expecting. Joy.

On the positive side, I’ve been in talks with another woman about possibly reviewing my comic. This is a different thing than the Sequential Tart interview. I still have to send some stuff to her but her column is read my many comic industry people so it could prove quite valuable in the long run.

Okay, my brother is finally awake and I can make breakfast without disturbing him. I’m done here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home