Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stuff

Blog 013107


First night in custom was somewhat boring. They had the people they laid off still working! That was a bit awkward. I guess one guy, who’s 26, got all pouty and left or something in a huff. I missed it though.

We were like the new kids in school. All the people in the area were staring at us. We ended up packing golf balls into packaging by hand. They were doing inventory which meant that after a couple of hours everybody was standing around doing nothing. I think some people went home.

It got fairly boring towards the end of the night. I was yawning a lot, but out of boredom. Our swipe cards didn’t work so we couldn’t punch in. I’ll be checking next week’s paycheck very carefully.

Been having some weird dreams with the new sleep schedule. Yesterday I had a dream I was playing on a football team. It was some sort of bush league I think. The score was tied, maybe even scoreless with only a minute or two left in the game. We were getting ready to kick off and I prayed to God that I or the team could cause and recover the fumble. We kicked off and I was chasing down the ball. I was quite far away from the play when the guy actually fumbled. The ball rolled across the field pass a couple of guys. I rolled near me and I was able to corral it with one arm while I was on the ground. Nobody touched me and I got up and ran it down to their 5 or even 3 yard line before I was tackled. Since I played defense I was on the sidelines. I hoped our offense would score but wasn’t sure because the team sucked. Something happened and I missed that we had to end up eventually go for a field goal that we made to win the game. At some point I was hoping we were on national TV because I had made the big play. I also had hoped we were on the only game on so every one would see it.

I had another dream tonight. I slept from around 11am to 7:30pm. I had a dream that a number of us were on a planet with the Star Trek villain Gary something or other. He’s the guy from the original series that had god like powers that Kirk eventually kills. Part of this planet was my parents’ backyard where we have the dam and pool of water. We were trying to kill Gary but we never succeeded.

I must have woken up because the next dream I remember I was in some sort of school. It was co-ed and I remember having to try and find some books for some classmates. I had to take a leak at some point and a shower. Woke up before I did either.

My heating bill came in. Despite it being warm overall and me keeping the temp at 67 degrees for the furnance, my bill went up about $100 over the previous month. I guess the gas companies will get their money one way or the other. Since I had budgeted only about $160 for the bill, I know have to come up with another $85 or so. What a pisser. My electric bill was about $20 more than I budgeted too. So that means that much less money for me.

I also got a paper for my doing business as. It’s not valid until I go to Springfield and register it or something. That’s like $75. Then I need a certificate and that’s another $20. Good grief, this freaking ‘Doing Business As’ is like a total of $450. There’s been a lot of hidden costs in this.

I started reading Circus of the Damned. It’s book 4 or 5 in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. This book I really like. The other book was okay. This book is more like an action flick and I was actually upset that I had to put it down to get some sleep. I’m looking forward to reading more of it tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home