Friday, January 26, 2007

Still miserable

Blog 012607

Well, I’m still in a foul mood. I’m also quite tired which I’m sure is contributing to my being miserable.

Quick recap: learned I’m getting laid off, hose of washing machine came loose flooding wash room and hit by credit card fraud for $350 to $400. Got up early to bring my mom for blood testing. Today was freaking freezing. It was zero degrees and then a nasty wind to make it something like -10. Hospital is remodeling so we had to walk a small ways and it was FREEZING cold. It was the coldest I’ve felt in a looooong time. After the hospital visit my parents if I could drive them to Wal-mart. Of the three Wal-marts in the area, they really only like the one two towns away which is about 20 minutes of driving further than the other two. I didn’t mind because my parents have been so good to me and my siblings for so long that I feel good helping them out. So I spent like 3+ hours out and about with them. Then I went out to do my own errands which didn’t take too long but was still cold as hell. Got waited on my by favorite bank teller which made things more tolerable. Went back to my parents for supper because my mom was making a family favorite, hamburgers and homemade French fries. One brother didn’t sow up although he was expected and another’s car died on his way home. Then the house got a call from my nephew looking for a ride. When he heard that my brother whose car had died wasn’t available he asked for me. I can’t help it, I get mad at my nephew. He drives me nuts. He’s twenty, directionless, and in debt up to his ears and quit college to work to pay off his bills. So pretty much, every two hours or less I was on the road driving all around all day on my day off. I also got a call late in the afternoon requesting that I be at work for 6:30 to 7am tomorrow. This is in addition to my working 12 hours later that night. Joy. But this is very important in that it tells me my options to see if maybe I might remain employed in some other capacity at my current company.

So I’m in a foul mood when I pick up my nephew. He does his usual which is to talking without even stopping for a breath. It’s just non-stop. He tells me about his plan to work at this slave-labor warehouse that’ll end all his ills. First, I’ve heard this plan for months now and he still hasn’t done it. Second, every person I’ve known to work at this extremely physically demanding job either looks like a zombie or has work related injuries from that warehouse. The place chews people up and spits them out. Their turnover rate is horrendous.

He also proceeds to tell me about his girlfriend who’s apparently now going to college in New York somewhere. Seeing how my nephew has no transportation and has limited vision so that he’s not allowed to drive at night this is a significant distance. He also mentions that she has a boyfriend and that my nephew and the boyfriend don’t get along. In fact, he doesn’t really hang out with her anymore other than phone calls. But he still called her his girlfriend in that it sounded like his ‘girlfriend’, not friend that happens to be female. Maybe I misheard him. But I don’t think so.

I also get mad at him because it seems like he makes all these plans with no transportation lined up and ends up calling people that day, usually only a couple of hours (if!) in advance to cart him around. This pisses me off because it always seems his activities end smack dab in the middle of my night. I don’t enjoy getting involved in something just to have to set it aside and hope I’ll retain the same interest in it when I return home – usually mad. So despite my doing stuff, it revolves around him because he is dependent on others and this hasn’t changed in years. And I don’t expect it to change either. So that’s why my nephew drives me nuts and I get so mad at him.

So yeah, I’m still miserable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home