Wednesday, December 27, 2006

being a bum after the holidays

Blog 122706


Christmas has come and gone and I LOVED it!!!

Yep, another awesome Christmas for the Roberts family. Lots of good food, good atmosphere and presents! I’m a sucker for presents! And I got a huge stack of them for Christmas this year. One thing that made that possible is that I asked for a lot of cheap gifts. So here’s a quick run down of some gifts I received:

Office supplies such as post-it notes, paper clips and a stapler.
An ice cream scooper
A hand can opener
3 music CD: Cream, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd
An ultra soft and ultra warm Red Sox blanket that I totally love already
2 gambling computer games
2 alarm clocks
A book titled the Physics of Super-heroes
A 110- piece tool set
A 6 foot ladder
Narnia DVD
The last (newest) Star Wars movie on DVD
2 pairs of pajama/lounging pants in plaid flannel

I think there were some more that I’m currently forgetting. But on Christmas morning, this all seemed like a huge mountain of gifts so I was both highly impressed and hapy to open them all!

Watch Narnia last night. I’d seen it in the theaters but this is one of those rare movies that I wanted to own. I only ask for movies that I expect to watch which usually means once a year or so. I plan on watching the Star Wars movie tonight. I LOVE the lightsaber fights in it. That alone is why I asked for it.

I also got 2 gift cards, a movie pass and cash to boot! A good haul for 2006!

And the meal my mom cooked tasted absolutely awesome. I’m sure part of it was because I was quite hungry by the time we ate in the afternoon but it smelled so awesome the whole day.

I can’t help it, I’m like a kid on Christmas Day.

I had a deva vu like experience on Christmas Day. In fact, I may have seen part of it in a dream. Haven’t had this feeling in a while. When it happens, for absolutely no reason I feel like I’ve seen everything all before and then recall dreaming about it or at least part of it some time before. I can recall seeing in the dream that I was watching football and what struck me was the day I was watching it. I wasn’t sure what day it was during the dream but that football was almost never on during that particular day. I really can’t recall many games playing on Christmas Day but two did this year.

So chalk up this Christmas as pretty special for me.

Today and yesterday though, I’ve been and am being a lazy lump. I really ran about this year even though work was shut down on the 22nd. With my dad needing rides to prep for detached retina surgery and my mom still needing a walker to get around I and the other siblings had to help them out a lot this year. When I helped them out doing whatever, transportation, shopping, or wrapping gifts, it was usually for about 2 and ½ to 3 hours a day. Top that off with working 12 hour shifts and needing to do my own shopping and some minor shopping per request of siblings and I’ve been fairly worn out. I think yesterday I slept 9 hours, got up for awhile and then took a nap. LOL! Did some drawing of my super-hero characters instead of for the comic. Whoops! But I wanted to draw something other than Jaina.

Today I’ve spent all on the internet. I’ll be tidying up the house a bit though. It looks like a bit of hell with stuff everywhere from empty bags, opened gifts and just general house debris that tends to gather up after a while.

The Necropolis Chronicles Companion Guidebook has been listed at Indyplanet.com. This is welcome news as it took a wee bit longer than expected. Kind of hard to pimp a book while having no outlet for which potential readers can go and buy it! So here’s the link:

http://www.indyplanet.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=231

All art is by me except for two reprint pages. The guidebook explains the characters and academy in more detail that show help readers with at least some questions. Of course, wanting to avoid spoilers, I tried not to give away too much info in the entries. I also very much enjoyed doing the ‘bloopers’ . Yes, bloopers. A comic book with ‘bloopers reel’. I’m claiming credit for that one if it becomes popular. LOL!

It’s weird what you forget doing while sleeping. Last week or so I went to bed al’ natural. When I woke up, I was wearing underwear. Hmmn. The only thing I can figure is that I went to take a leak at night and put on some drawers in case my brother happened to wake up and need to use the bathroom. No need to have him see me with my dork hanging out.

One thing I didn’t get on Christmas that I will probably go buy is the Richard Donner version of Superman 2. He originally directed the first Christopher Reeves movie and starting doing 2 when he left the project for whatever reason. The only thing that sucks if I buy this DVD is that I’ll probably never watch my first Superman 2 DVD again. I can remember as a kid falling in love with Sarah Douglas and her character Ursula. Anyone who knows my costuming taste for female comic book characters should easily see the influence of Ursula. Superman 2 was the shit too. One of the best fights in comic book movie history in Times Square! Great movie!

Is it okay to be miffed that I sent out an e-mail to a bunch of friends wishing Happy Holidays only to have over 75% not respond at all?

One the fantasy football front, in Bob’s league I bombed out losing both consolation games more often referred to as ‘the toilet bowl’. So despite going 8-6 and finishing 5th out of 10 teams and just missing the big play-off’s, I lost to a 5-9 team in the first round and then to Bob himself who was 7-7. In the end, my team will finish ranked 8th out of 10 teams which sucks. It also ruins my perfect scoring in my Yahoo sports profile as I had won the previous two fantasy football leagues I had played in.

In Dwain’s league which is my favorite, I finished 6th by going 7-7. The two halves of the year were exact opposites. I went 2-5 and then 5-2. I faced Bob again in the toilet bowl and flushed him that time. I then beat Oompaloompa. I don’t recall Bob’s record, maybe 7-7 or 6-8 but Oompalooma was 8-6. So I hopped up one space in the final standing to finish in 5th place out of 10 teams and won the Toilet Bowl.

So next year in Bob’s league I should have the #3 drafting spot and the number 5 drafting spot in Dwain’s. I think I finished last in the work league over at ESPN but I don’t even care.

There’s more stuff I could write about but I need to get off the computer if for no other reason than I’ve been on it for over 2 hours already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home