Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Football, chairty and comics

Blog 121206

Mailed out the companion guidebook to the people that help me with the comic. This should make them happy as I’ve been mouthing off it looks pretty darn good.

Birthday chow at my parents was pretty sweet. A big crowd turned out most likely because of the food I picked: hamburgers and homemade French fries. My brother brought up his girlfriend to work on my dad’s computer. Poor dad is fairly ignorant on computer stuff and keeps getting tons of viruses and spyware that shut down his computer on a regular basis. Not knowing any better, he blames everyone else. LOL. He even blamed my brother’s girlfriend who fixed the computer although he loaded it up again with spyware and viruses. LOL.

My niece and her boyfriend showed up and my nephew tagged along and apparently somebody’s friend too. So mom ended up making chow for about 11 people. I made sure to let everyone know I wanted to bring home some of my birthday cake. LOL!

I sort screwed up and feel kind of bad about it. My parents bought me Marvel Ultimate Alliance for my PC. Unfortunately, I didn’t provide enough info and they bought the DVD/ROM version and I don’t have a DVD player in my PC. Because I opened it I can’t return it. Not even for store credit. On the good side, my brother has a whole bunch of computer stuff lying around and will give me a DVD/ROM player for my PC. Whew! I thought I was stuck!

Magic was okay last night. After about an hour though I got dog tired and could barely keep my eyes open. I also forgot to bring along my reconstructed screw everybody deck which really sucked ass. But my friends were happy because I brought them some packs of Magic cards as presents.

Monday was spent running around buying Christmas gifts and helping out my parents and then Magic at night. The day went by pretty quick.

I’ve been into Elvis Presley Christmas music a lot lately. Bought a CD of his stuff and have already played it fully 3 times since I bought it yesterday.

I’m rather smitten with a bank teller at my credit union. But I get the feeling that she’s 10 to 12 years younger than me. I’m horrible at recognizing flirting signs though so I have no idea if she has any interest in me. Sigh.

I ended the regular season of my fantasy football leagues on a high note by defeating both of my opponents. Both are headed into the play-off’s and both had better records than my team. One guy was the leader of Dwain’s league and had a record of 11-2 while my team only had a record of 6-7.

So in Bob’s league I finished 8-6 and finished in 5th. In that crazy league of 10 teams, 7 teams finished 7-7 or better. In Dwain’s league I recovered from a 2-5 start to finish at 7-7 while handing defeats to the top three teams in the league over the past couple of weeks. I finished 5th there also. Each league has a consolation bowl where teams finishing 5th through 8th play for what we usually call the toilet bowl. How the teams finish in the play-off’s determine final rankings for the year. So although I finished fifth in each league after the regular season, I could end up in 8th for both leagues if my teams lose and score the least amounts this coming weekend. Not sure if Bob will do it but in Dwain’s league where you finally finish determines your draft position for the next year. So if I finish in 8th I get third pick. If I finish in 5th I get 5th pick. Whoever wins the whole league gets last pick which is 10th.

I’ve been getting a bit more sleep over the past two days. That’s nice considering how screwed up my sleeping has been over the past week.

And I just about have another page finished for issue 3 of The Necropolis Chronicles. I have one small panel to redo that’s maybe three inches by three inches. Should be an easy draw.

I joined up at this place called comicspace.com. Essentially it’s a MySpace for people that read and or create comics. I’m there under my name: JamesRoberts.

I don’t think I’ll be answering my phone anymore during the afternoon. It’s almost never anyone I know except for my sister leaving a message about band practice for my brother. Instead, it’s almost always a telemarketer. Actually, the last call was a charity. Seems I’ve been getting bombarded with those lately. I give a little. Apparently this last place I gave $35. I can’t recall ever hearing of them or giving them money before but they said I did last January. Huh. Seemed legit though since they send all sorts of paperwork including registration with the IRS or something. One of the guys seemed to get mad though when I didn’t give this time around on a different call.

But anyways, no more live answering – I’ll let the answering machine handle it from now on.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home