Saturday, November 25, 2006

Been out of the house

I've been out of the house a lot over the past couple of days and it'll continue at least through Saturday.

Thanksgiving was great except for Tony Romo passing for five TDs. That sucked.

Some more minor stuff.

I survived my trip to the shopping mall today. I went to the Holyoke Mall in Holyoke MA. It's one of the bigger malls in MA I believe and easily the biggest in western MA. I headed out at 11am since none of the items I was looking for were door busters. Parking was a pain but I expected that so it didn't get me to worked up. The place was packed, I have to admit. Cops were there handling traffic so that went pretty well. By the time I left it wasn't much of a problem, pretty much like a busy non-holiday weekend. I almost missed getting a present for my niece but the employee I asked was great and found the last one of the item I was looking for. Prisma Colored pencils, a 48 piece set. Used a 60% off coupon to drop a Radiograph from $28.99 to $12 something or other. My mom's on limited income so it's a nice way for her to give my niece a somewhat pricey pen for a lot less.Man, I gotta stay out of Barnes & Noble. I love that place so much I always buy more than I intend to. But it was hard to pass up soft cover Marvel Masterworks books for $4.98 a pop. And if my young nephew doesn't like them, I can always read them since they're gonna end up at my house anyways since my brother lives with me! LOL!

Probably the only suckless thing that happened and it wasn't all that bad was that I was beat into an express 10 items or less by this girl. Not a big deal until the rest of her family took a place in line next to her afterwards so that I was suddenly dropped behind 3 more people. But things moved fairly quickly and it didn't add much time to waiting in line.I didn't see many problems and only one lady customer was kind of a jerk. The cashier waiting on me had a glitch with her cash register before cashing me out. It took maybe two minutes tops to clear up but the lady behind started making comments under her breath to people behind her.

I think I spent about $160 today and will probably drop another $50 or so at Toys R Us when I stop there on route to my parents house to swallow up some wonderful tasting Thanksgiving left-overs!

Not a bad shopping day overall for me.

Struck out totally at Toys R Us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You goof. To me, "all day" means she got out of bed at 6 a.m. and started cooking at that very moment.

I mean, come on. Six hours of cooking... UGH.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home