Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween part 2

Blog 103106 part 2

Halloween part 2.

Wee bit of a weird day.

I was thumped the other night in Magic the Gathering and wanted to make new decks. At the parental’s place I did two truck loads of wood. During this my mind seem so clear and focused. Maybe because I didn’t want to do wood. I created two decks in my head. I got home, pulled out my cards and forgot everything. So I have a mess of cards on my bed and no new decks. Sigh.

Didn’t get a single Trick or Treater. And that was good. I didn’t buy any candy. I did get nervous though because several people walked by the house. So I pulled out quarters to give out. Didn’t like that idea so I remember I had Mist soda. So I pulled out my 12 pack in case people showed up.

Two minor bizarre incidents.

I thought I saw a former co-worker at the gas station. I didn’t say anything because we didn’t part on good terms. In fact, I got him fired. If it was him he didn’t say anything. I think it was him and I’m pretty sure he had the same car from several years ago. Mine’s a couple of years older. But his car kinda looked like shit. He had purchased his car brand new.

I went to my credit union today. On the way there I spotted these two women at the gas station. One was kind of a kid in just baggy jeans and a sweatshirt. But I liked the woman she was talking to. She was business casual – brown sweater, tan skirt and brown boots. I thought it may have been the woman that helped me with my mortgage. I was checking them out as best as could. And the younger girl caught me. Soon they were both looking to see me! LOL!

I then stopped at the credit union and was in there maybe 10 minutes tops. Probably not even. I headed up to the parents house. About a half mile up the road standing in front of a land for sale type sign were the two women from the gas station. Just seemed a little weird they happened to be there and got there so quickly.

So those were the two minor bizarre incidents.

A few weeks ago I had a Keystone cop event. I was at the grocery store and was heading back out to my car. It was windy and my flier blew out of my cart. I chased after the papers instead of being lame and just letting them fly about. But I was chasing them for about 10 feet and having to stomp on them to hold the papers down.

And last night after playing Magic, I left my buddy’s place. They had repaved the driveway. I had forgotten that it had dropped the driveway by about 6 to 8 inches. So when I stepped out I nearly had a faceplant because the step down was a lot farther down than I expected.

Been checking out this IMUV or something like that Instant Messenger. It’s kinda neat in that it’s a 3-D chat room. Almost like a cartoon. If you pay money to join you can do a lot more. Even with the free account you can do a lot. You can earn credits and buy stuff like clothes and pets for your avatar. It can be addicting. And you can make a couple of different accounts. I made one for me. And I made one to promote the comic. That one is JainaHawkins – the lead character. Of course, this could cause some problems because it’s a female toon and I’m a guy. So I know people will automatically think Jaina is female and then have a fit. I’ve seen it happen in on-line games before.

Oy, wish I had better cable TV. The week leading up to Halloween has THE BEST tv because it’s always old horror movies and lots of shows about the paranormal and the like. I missed 99.9% of them because I only have basic cable. Of course, expanded cable would double my current bill from $55 a month to $110. No way.

Okay, done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home