Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday log

Blog for 10/29/06


Moving the wood the other day went well. My father and I moved 6 pick-up loads of split wood on to our land and near where we want it stacked. The trip wasn’t that far, maybe 100+ yards but we had to drive around the house and into the street and then drive in the back yard.

Played Heroclix with my buddies last night. The two geniuses got mad because I won. They like to talk smack and when I was using strategy they got all mad and started in with the “Jim’s being a pussy” because I was able to attack and retreat and they couldn’t catch my figures.

Then we played a 4 player game and as usual we all got mad for one reason or another. One guy felt he was being picked on by two players. In reality, he stuck his team in a bad spot and refused to move them out and then got totally bombarded. I got mad for two reasons. One of the geniuses decided – as usual – to start cracking on my strategy. This is par for the course but if you question his judgment you’re just an idiot because he knows what he’s doing. And rules arguments get me mad. So I got upset when I felt the rules were in constant flux – changing to fit the situation for the two rules lawyers. And then the other genius got mad for the same thing and he had some tough rolls that got his team in trouble. So what ends up happening is that we all get mad and stop playing the game for awhile until we cool off. What I do know is that the guys get upset when I tell them I don’t really buy Heroclix anymore. It’s pretty much just the same figures being released over and over. I don’t really need 6 different versions of Spider-Man or Wolverine.

Crazy dream this morning. I was married to wrestling star Sable! LOL! But she had some history to her and her former boyfriend lived diagonally across from us. I was living at my parents’ place again in my old room with Sable. Her ex was doing something weird like animal abuse to a pet gorilla. Except that the gorilla was a miniature gorilla – about 16 inches tall or something. There was also some stuff where Sable was working with a cashier register drawer. It was weird because we were trying to balance the drawer as we walked around my parent’s backyard. But it was really windy and the money kept blowing out of the drawer. I had a lot of money in my pocket and was bitching because I kept putting money into the drawer only to have it blown away. And I’m talking $100 bills! That’s when it ended up going to the ex’s place to find the mini-gorilla.

Finally, with Sable crying about everything I took her to my old room to calm down. We hugged for a loooong time and then climbed into bed. We went to do the deed but I asked her to do something for me. I was nervous about it not knowing how she’d respond but she was already ahead of me and waiting to do it! LOL!

And then I woke up.

Seems that’s the way dreams work. I think this dream was just all about the crap I seen during the day. I was bitching money to my friends and saw a comic of a gorilla. Not sure how Sable got in it though.

Got info on what my unemployment check should look like. Money will be tight but should be doable. Of course, my friends gave me shit about it saying I’m cheap and all this and that. But that’s par for the course.

Heading off to watch football and hope I win in my fantasy leagues. And then to supper at my parents. All my brothers should be there so that’s a cool thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home