Friday, October 13, 2006

What a shitty stretch of news

So I go to work and in the break room outside of the main room are some of the first shifters talking with us. I quickly learn that a bunch more people are being laid off. And I'm one of them. It's only suppose to be temporary - maybe three weeks or maybe six weeks but the company doesn't know for sure. The last two times I was laid off there was no job to go back to. So that's it, after my next 12 hour shift tonight (Friday) I'm done. And I lose all of my benefits starting Nov 1st. I figured I'd lose my job because it's manufavturing but I didn't think it would be this quick. Guess I'm going to have to pray that it really is only temporary.

Continuing on with more 'good' news (sarcasm intended) my friend is apparently getting divorced. After seeing the total shit my brother has gone through with his I really don't wish divorce on anyone. I also find it sad when a union fails.

Even more 'good' news. One of my internet friends that helps me with poems for the comic is probably going off-line. From the brief PM I got from her something happened recently and it didn't really sound good. I gather she'll return eventually but who knows when. Or if I'll even know.

Can't remember if it was this week, I think last week really, my brother's ex started with more of her shit. She's now trying to drill into my nephew's head that she takes care of him and daddy only has fun with him. It never stops with her. I guess she just ignores that my brother shares custory with her including every other weekend where my nephew sleeps over. Apparently that doesn't count for taking care of my nephew. Nor having my brother look after him (her choice!) while she goes to school. Or anything else he does is 'taking care of him'. I don't wish malice on people or certainly try not to, but I would have no problem if a car hit my brother's ex, spewed gasoline all over her and burnt her into a crisp.

The only potential good news I have is that The Necropolis Chronicles Companion issue is only 5 pages away from being done. And since I no longer have a job about 24 hours of writing this, I should be able to finish it up by next week.

Bah. I'm going to bed to try and just forget this day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the lay-off. It does suck, and I think I already expressed my regret in an email. Ugh.

As for me, I'm back to looking for a job, and hope to find one soon.

As for me, it was not an easy decision to make, but I don't like to fake anything. If I stay married, it is for all the wrong reasons.

And I'd rather stand on my own two feet for the right reasons.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home