Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wood

Ugh. I’m gett’in old.

My parents got these giant looking tree trunks given to them for free. The wood is oak and ash. My brothers started cutting it up with chainsaws and I showed up to help by splitting some wood. It was an Indian summer day of 80 degrees. After 15 minutes I was totally winded with sweat pouring off me. It was splashing on to the insides of the lenses of my glasses.

I went back the next day to do some more. I was happy I wasn’t all that sore. I made sure this time not to go as furiously with the chopping and got a a lot more done. I still had sweat dripping off me pretty good and I got quite tired but it was a better and more productive day. I did manage to get 5 different blisters on my right hand though. The gloves that I thought would be okay sucked in reality.

Yahoo stats aren’t up yet but I’m fairly certain I split in my two fantasy football leagues. I’m 2-3 in the league that I want to win in for the third year in row. It’s going to be tough with two teams already 4-0. So far, my computer draft choices have yet to live up to their projections. It doesn’t help that I’ve faced two different opponents that have posted their best scoring weeks of the year against me. In the work league I’m 3-1-1, 2nd best record overall. And I beat the guy that’s 4-1.

My big plans for getting a ton of work done on the comic have been scrapped. Although I had planned on today and tomorrow to do most of the work so there is some hope yet. Helping my brothers with the wood was a bigger priority. My dad’s in his 70’s and he shouldn’t be doing or have to do such strenuous work.

A couple of weird dreams that I’ve pretty much forgotten. One had me in the military and in a school that was a base. I can remember running around the place with other team members looking for something. I think I may have been a medic or studying to be one.

Another dream had me with my usual – the dream was more like a movie where I was the director more than the star. Those kinds of dreams are a little weird. While I sometimes star in the dream it more like I’m the camera hanging just behind their shoulder and following them around.

Almost supper time. Done here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Wood is my maiden name. Ha! You now have my secret... Wendy Lee Wood is my birth name.

That's funny that you just had to talk about Wood.

Wendy and Wood belong together, like chocolate and peanut butter.

Mmm... anybody got any Reese's Peanut Butter Cups???

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home