Friday, September 22, 2006

swooning

Or maybe I should say, swaying. Not sure what time I fell asleep last night but when I woke up it was past 11:15am! And even then I didn't want to get up. Had a slight headache but it's gone now. After shaving and showering it was 5 after noon! Ugh! What a waste to the day so far. It's 12:47pm as I write this.

I don't really have much to do today as far as household tasks or business. I have my paycheck to cash but since most of it is going to pay off the monitor I'm in no big hurry to cash it. I could do some minor grocery shopping but am feeling very sluggish. I do have to pick up my nephew at 5pm. I'm kind of annoyed by this because it's my day off - a full day off- and it's my brother's responsibility. While my brother is a terrific tenant overall, he hasn't been doing anything to clean the household or keep it tidy lately. It all just seems like band practice for a band that has yet to play out more than once (and that was months ago) or video games. It's a bit annoying. But he does do other things that are decent like keeping it quiet when I have to sleep.

I was a bit of a jerk and rewashed some dishes he cleaned. He's got a cold and he never uses gloves when doing the dishes. He als has a nasty habit of using the same hand towel to dry his hands for days and then use it for drying the dishes. Well, when he washed 3 bowls out of a mountain of dishes I didn't use them for fear of germs. This week and next week's paychecks pay for my mortgage so I don't want to get sick. So I rewashed the 3 bowls. I can't see how he can't use dish washing gloves. My water gets so hot it burns me through the gloves if I'm not careful. I actually like this in that it makes me feel like I'm burning away all the germs on the dishes even though I am also using dish detergent. I suspect my brother doesn't use as hot water so I sometimes wonder just how clean the dishes are when he does them. So I guess I made my own case for me to do the dishes every time out.

I'm loving my new monitor.

Had a couple of neat dreams but I've slept so long lately I keep forgetting them.

Been sneaking in a lot of drawing/sketching at work lately. We have this machine called a gleebar that grinds down the center core of the golfballs to a very certain spec. It's fairly easy work as the bulk of the time you sit and keep an eye on the machine. And in the bank of machines I'm currently working in I sometimes get 3 or 4 rotations of gleebar. So I've kicked out some cool sketches that I plan to use in my companion issue of my comic. I've been drawing Seth a lot because I have a ton of pcitures of Jaina already.

I'm getting beat 6 to 3 with one tie in my championship series in the fantasy baseball league. My offense has fallen totally flat and it may be luck if I don't lose all 5 categories. 4 of my players have combined for a 1 base hit in 32 chances. That's HORRIBLE for anybody that doesn't know a thing about baseball. One of my guys is having a 'career' year but has gone 0 for 10 in his at bats this week. There are still 3 days left to go but I am a bit worried. At least the worst I can finish is 2nd place.

I still get more mail for my brother who's the previous owner my house than I get. And it's been about 10 months that I've owned the house now.

My buddies are rather worried about maybe having to close the comic shop. That'll suck. But with both working full time jobs and all their part time help friends quitting - including me - they may not have a choice. If this does happen we lose our best hangout and we all know we'll see a lot less of each other without Heroclix and comics to pull us together in a central meeting point.

We have 'observers' at work watching us because we have a new machine. So my old friend from Toys R Us that works there decides that I should have a new name when this observer asked for my name. She called me Sara. That should make Sara happy.

Rambling. I'm done.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't use gloves to wash dishes, but that's because I like to run my (clean) fingers over the dishes after I've scrubbed them, to make sure there isn't anything caked on that I might have missed.

And if I have a cold, I always turn away to sneeze when I'm washing dishes, preparing food, etc., then go wash my hands.

Well, I'm into the handwashing, what can I say? After I change a diaper, kitty litter, pick up dog poo (obviously NOT with my bare hands, but with a pooper scooper), go to the bathroom, sneeze, handle raw meat (oooh...), spray any cleaners or insect killer, etc., I wash my hands.

In fact, I've been digging in my ears for a few minutes now. Maybe I ought to wash them...

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wash my hands, that is. Not my ears.

4:35 PM  
Blogger XSaraXPoeX said...

I don't use gloves either, but I let them hot dry so...

I'm looking for some new QU pics.

Oh, you know I'm going to start calling you Sara now, right? :p

~Sara<3

6:00 PM  
Blogger Agric said...

Wow, is this a record: 3 US households without a dishwasher? Do you also use an environmentally sound method of drying clothes? (an outside clothes line rather than tumble drier, though I have heard that some districts in the US have local laws preventing the use of outside washing lines, sickos).

Sara (the Stuff! one): Don't be ridiculous! [that should be pronounced in a scottish accent, a bit like: 'dawnt bee rudickyoulus']

Sara (the new one): does this mean you've become a GPJ? [Great Prancing Jessie - another scottish term].

Wendy, after such a commendably hygenic preamble... Next time you go digging in your ears, my dear, do use an implement. I hope there wasn't a hint of smuttiness in that (oooh...). [said in the fashion of Dame Edna Everidge]

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I have a dishwasher and I use it every 3 days or so (when I'm alone, I don't have as many dirty dishes, naturally).

But I wash pots and pans by hand. I don't trust the dishwasher to clean them well.

Digging in my ear - it was a sarcastic remark. Just making a joke. You know. I like to gross people out AND make them laugh.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home