Monday, September 18, 2006

some success

Oy, it's 11:17 am and I haven't really started my day yet. I'm kinda sluggish and really feel like being a sloth but I left a number of things to do today instead of doing them the previous days. Clean the bathroom, buy some groceries, buy a dresser, cash my paycheck from the other week, do work on the comic. Maybe I slept to long. 9 hours.

Bought a new monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001080

Feels good to have all my bills in order so that I can buy something like this and pay it off immediately.

Having some success in my fantasy leagues. I barely beat out my friend to advance to the championship round of our baseball fantasy league. I'm now guarrenteed to finish 1st or 2nd which will give me a trophy to my Yahoo profile. Because I hadn't done fantasy baseball for almost 10 years, my goal was to finish with a trophy. You got one for being a top 3 finisher. The worst I can do is win silver. Not bad. But I might as well do my best to nab gold. If I do, I will have finished 1st in the first three Yahoo fantasy leagues I've ever joined.

In the two football leagues that I care about I won yesterday but have to wait for results from Monday Night Football to see if I win in the other one. I have a decent lead but it's catchable by my opponent.

In the football work league I joined to help out my co-workers my team sucks and is probably getting beat again. I haven't bothered to look. 3 leagues is actually too much. I prefer just being in two.

Saturday turned out nice in that the gang got together at the comic store. I was expecting maybe one other guy but pretty much our whole gang showed which was really cool. This doesn't happen all that often anymore so I cherish these little get togethers quite a bit these days.

Mowed my lawn yesterday for what I hope will be the last time this year. I have just under an acre and it takes about 90 minutes to mow it. It's rather hilly in parts so it's a decent workout because I use a push lawn mower. I knew I hadn't mowed in about a month and it showed. The mower stalled out in the heavy and sometimes wet grass several times. In the back, the grass/weeds were sometimes almost 10 inches tall!

I'm kind of a bad football junkie. I watched parts or most of 3 separate games yesterday. Probably pushing around 7 to 8 hours of football. Flipping between games and checking the internet to see how I'm doing in fantasy takes time. LOL! But I did work on some drawings and read the Sunday paper while having the games on. But now that I work every other weekend, it's tough to get to watch all the games I would like to.

Went looking for a snapping turtle at my parents' place that my brother found the other day. No luck but that might be just as well. Last thing I need is to lose some toes if I put my foot in the wrong place!

Choked on some Honeyhut Cheerioes today. Splattered the comp keyboard with milk and littered the floor with Cheerioes as I coughed them up and out of my throat.

Bought some new art pens. My local A.C. Moore had a 40% off a regular listed item so I went up and bought another rapidograph pen. The damn things went up in price. Cost $30! $20 with my coupon. I only buy them when I have a coupon. Bought a couple of cheaper pens $2 and $3 to try them out and a small bottle of ink $4. I love the rapidographs I have but they kinda suck to refill. They are actually a lot easier than they use to be but I still make a mess. Pretty much, you take the pen apart and use a squeeze bottle to refill the ink cartridges via drops (yeah, DROPS!) of ink. I always manage to get ink all over my fingers and the pens themselves.

One of the cheaper pens I bought is a Sharpie to use to 'fill' black areas. Not a big fan of Sharpies because of the smell of the ink. It's fairly repulsive. But it's usually a lot quicker than use a brush and a jar of ink. And filling black areas is usually pretty tedious. A Sharpie tends to make it go much faster with almost no clean up.

Yeesh! 11;40 already. Okay, I'm done for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny about the Honeynut Cheerios.

You know what I hate? Drinking something it can be anything) and then laughing.

About 2 Saturdays ago, I had a mouthful of water and someone said something hilarious... Well, I just couldn't hold back.

Fortunately I was behind the DM screen, so my less than graceful maneuver (spewing water all over the floor and my DM's guide) was hidden from sight, although everyone heard me.

Yeah, watch out for those cheerios. I think they want vengeance...

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home