Friday, September 08, 2006

For instant asshole, just add alcohol


Pretty much got what I wanted reloaded reloaded on my PC. I added a new program or two and have left off some older games [bye Civ 3! :( ].

Today is miscellaenous day. Lots of little tasks to do. I've got a load of washing churning i the background. I need to do the dishes. Cash my paycheck. Maybe buy a dresser for all my extra clothes, get my comics (new Uncanny X-Men!) and have homemade french fries (they taste terrific) at my mom's!

My friend needed me to join his football league so that it would happen. So I signed up last minute (everything was last minute) and pretty much went to bed and let the computer draft my team because I was really tired. So now I'm in 3 fantasy leagues. To many in my opinion. I like two tops because you end up cheering against yourself and whatnot. And what a surprise, for the third league in a row this year, my team drafted last #8 out of 8 teams.

I've been checking up on Dragon Con photos from this year. This con just happened this past Labor Day weekend. I went to DragonCon back to back years a couple of years ago and I LOVED it. There is too much to do there! And every time I see photos and whatnot of the con I get a little bummed because I wasn't there.

This is my favorite photo I've seen so far. I love this Batowman/Batgirl's costume which is saying something because I LOATHE Batman. Hopefully the picture loads up correctly (it's at the top).

Went over my buddy's place for opening night of NFL football. I sorta let my friends down. The past to times I've gone to a gathering I've brought these almond flavored ice cream bars by Good Humor. A couple of guys asked where they were even though I had asked if I should bring anything and the answer was 'no'. So I felt kinda bad. I'll make sure to bring the ice cream from now on regardless.

The game was okay. The two best friends each had their favorite team playing (Pittsburgh vs. Miami) so there was much hooting and hollering. Actually, it was somewhat embarrsing how much considering that these are guys in their late 20' & 30's. And it was LOUD shouting.

We've got this one friend and he's a bit of a drinker. And he was drinking. He wasn't too bad except for the wrestling on the couch. Considering I was outweighed by 50+ pounds I evacuted the area pretty quick. It was 'fun' wrestling but it was getting borderline trouble. Unfortunately, I don't think the drunk wears underwear. Ugh! Everytime he did something his jean shorts kept showing lots of ass. And he's got a big ass! Ee-yuck!

Towards the end of the night around 11pm or so, drunk's buddy calls. Buddy hasn't seem drunk in years and buddy lives out of state or something. Buddy convinces drunk drunk to go out driving to come see him. Or at least, drunk drunk offers to. So it's agreed. Except we all balk. But drunk drunk will have none of it. So things were getting borderline bad as a couple of guys hid drunk's car keys. But drunk started getting violent toosing shit around and threatening to break stuff. Three of us were kind of spineless and ended up leaving. The game had ended and drunk drunk was being an ass. I think I delayed drunk a bit by telling him. listen, I see you out on the road and I'm calling the cops. You're putting MY life at jeopardy." This seem to sort sink in on the drunk drunk. I was backed up by a buddy 'Jim's strict about that shit' and because I don't drink and stuff my words seem to carry some weight with drunk drunk. So drunk drunk agreed to wait. It wasn't much of a threat and I'm not sure I would've actually called the cops but it at least delayed drunk drunk some.

As the three of us left, we could here drunk drunk and the two best friends arguing about drunk drunk going out driving. I don't know what the final result was. So once again, alcohol adds a pretty good dampener to the end of the night. A fun night too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's good drunks and bad drunks, silly drunks and sobby drunks, prudish drunks and horny drunks.

I am thankful to be a good, silly, horny drunk. I stay away from the bad, sobby, prudish drunks (as best I can... I do count some among my acquaintance...).

The thing is, getting hammered now and again can be fun in the right setting and with the right people.

And I sure as hell won't let any of my friends drive drunk at my Halloween party (even though I intend to get blitzed myself). Nuh uh. They can sleep here (my couch pulls out and there's going to be room in my bed).

I avoid asshole drunks. They bring a party down (well, unless you are into People-Baiting), and are just unwelcome in general.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home