Sunday, August 20, 2006

Murder in a small town

Yeah. Seems this local kid in the next town over murdered this young girl (16) from my home town. It really sucks. The kid - innocent til proven guilty - is only not guilty until the authorities find the hammer he used to smash her head in. I know at least 4 people that know the murderer - two are my 20 year old nephew and 18 year old niece. The murderer, a 20 year old apparently joining the Army, murdered this girl at his house or hers, I forgot which. From what people are saying he's going to go with the insanity plea. The people I know that know the kid said he's a douche bag and scum since they've known him.

My first thought of when I first heard this was 'why is a 20 year old hanging around a 16 year old girl unless he's trying to get into her pants?' It may turn out that way to but it seems there is no evidence of that yet. I get the feeling he wanted 'some' before going into the Army and tried to take advantage of this girl. She resisted and he killed her.

The town the girl was killed in has had only 3 murders in 50 years.

It's a fairly weird feeling to have someone from my hometown (maybe 5000 to 7000 people) murdered.

Yesterday at the comic shop wasn't too bad. I stayed awake fairly easily having snuck in a 2 hour nap before having to be there. I forgot I also have to cover for them this coming Friday also. So they are paying with a 'brick' of Heroclix. Those usualy sell for $6 a pop to me ($8 to others) and contain 12 packs. I opened 10 and got jackshit for valueable figures! So I was kind of pissed. Normally you get 2 to 6 valueable 'unique' figures.

Man, my big paycheck disappeared fast. Actually, it's sitting in front of me uncashed - be doing that Monday. But I've got it budgetted out already. Here's the run down: $50 for the cable bill, $40 for local & long distance phone bill, $45 for the natural gas bill, $30 I owe someone, $15 to finish off electric and car insurance bills ($200 from previous paycheck didn't fully cover them), $150 for credit card bill, $115 for a comic printing order, $100 for my IRA, $40 for my Post Office Box, $60 towards new safety shoes for work (actually, I will get reembursed for these but until I get that check the money is gone) and $70 for weekly food & gasoline and $10 (a week) for my nephew's college fund. I get $29 to spend.

My brother that lives with me got a new job that he starts Monday. He'll be working for a company named Precision Camera or something like that. They were recently somewhat noteworthy in the news. They repaired the digital camera of Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie's close relative (a brother or something) and the camera had pictures of their new baby Shola or whatever his/her name is. An unscrupolus employee downlaoded the pictures and tried to sell them on Ebay or something. It made news throughout the scab sheet papers and TV shows like inside Edition and whatnot.

Sara needs to update her blog more often. :P

Rumors of a furlough at work are making me a little uneasy. The rumor is that 6 people from each crew will be gone for a number of weeks. The good news comes in two forms though. It's only a rumor so far and I have a buffer of about 8 people below me on the senority list on my crew. Still, I don't want to see anybody lose their jobs for any amount of time.

My brother G (I have three brothers) bought a DVD of a Neil Young & Crazy Horse concert from 1978. I believe it's called Rusted Nail or something. Anyways, Star Wars was huge at the time and Neil has all of his roadies dressed up as Jawas from Star Wars. Jawas (if you're from another planet) are midget sized scavengers dress in a full body cloaks and have glowing eyes. Well, his crew are normal sized guys so they look more like 'the Family' from the movie The Omega Man (a favorite). So it's really weird seeing these giant Jawas running around the stage and are fairly prominent throughout the concert. Two even dance across the stage in front of the band.

During a break for the band there were announcements for the crowd. These were pretty funny. Someone was told to call their dad at the hotel because he was very worried. Another was to say that the acid was NOT poison! LOL! It was only 'poorly manufactured' and the announcer recommended that if concert go-er's were going to use it then only take half the tablet! WTF?!?!?!?! LOL!

Forgot most of my recent dreams. One did have me shopping at Wal-Mart though.

I've got music blasting the whole time I've been writing this. Some various stuff like Skynard, Godsmack, Kittie, and now Rob Zombie. So now i want to go sing. It's a talent i don't usually tell people about but my family is fairly musical. My oldest brother was a DJ and also did tech work for a fairly large local radio station some years back, my sister's been ina band for numerous years and my brother that lives with me plays bass guitar. I have a harmonica and do some singing. Which is what I'm going to go do now.

Later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Neil Young!!! He so fucking rocks...

That is weird to hear of a murder in that area. I mean, except for if it happened in Springfield, then it would be no surprise. But of course all those surrounding small towns are so... "small town".

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home