Tuesday, August 08, 2006

WTF?!?!?!

I can't sleep anymore and it really sucks. I'm sitting here as I write with what feels like the beginnings of a headache as I feel a slight throbbing in my head. Last night I got to sleep shortly after midnight from what I can recall. And I woke at 4am. I got up and took a leak and that was it, I couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned for 2 hours or so trying to get back to sleep, meditating and what not to clear my head of thought. And it all failed. And it really sucks. What's worse is that I can afford to sleep in and get a full 8 hours of sleep but my body won't let me. And I will be compounding the issue as a I take a nap around 3pm to 5pm so I won't crash and burn at work. I might also nap later this morning as it is only 7:50am as I write this.

The only good thing is that I remembered two dreams. Like I said earlier - if I sleep 6+ hours i don't recall my dreams. Napping, I remember. The dream I remember more clearly is a dream with me fighting my friend/co-worker. For some reason we squared off in sort of a mixed martial arts fight in a boxing ring. We wore trunks and some sort of glove. No wrestling holds were used and they may not have been allowed. My friend has a couple of inches on me and 50+ pounds. But I beat the fuck out of him. It lasted only one round. I won by knock out with around 3 seconds left in the 1st round. We kept talking to one another during the fight. It was friendly conversion too. It was stuff like 'sorry, man, I hope I didn't hurt you', and talk like that and discussing the fight. When I knocked him out to end the fight I helped him up and walked him back to his corner and put him down on his stool. He even admitted his ass got kicked.

Then another co-worker that was apparently my manager got me another fight while I was 'hot'. But this time it was a video game. I was some white guy in white trunks and I was facing some dude that was really tough in the computer game and had maybe an undefeated record. I can't recall another player playing this fighter, it was if the character was fully animated and intelligent. I knocked him out with one big kick after he punched my video game character a few times.

The other dream had me in a basketball arena or something. I may have been on the team or screwing around on the floor. I think at one point I was shooting baskets. Then a game started and I was on the bench. The ball got loose from some players and went down this wide staircase of 4 conveyor belts to a basement area. A girls basketball team or something was down there and they tossed the ball back up. The girls coach was a middle aged woman apparently running one of the guys teams playing in the arena. She had gone down towards the basement to get the ball when the girls threw it back up. So the coach in a mini-skirt suit jumped from the conveyor moving down to over the side guard and onto a conveyor going up. The girls team cheered but I remember the coach muttering 'and I did it in heels' as if her ankles were destroyed. She had on pumps with a medium heel.

The girls team emerged from a side court door (not the basement) and took up sitting near me and the others in the bleachers. There was a cute girl there too. She was kinda short, only around 5'2 or so. She had really neat red hair, kinda blood red. It was a sort of bob cut that only covered half her head. Somehow she e-mailed me after Ileft the bleachers. It was almost like a full screen instant message - the talking head kind. She was asking flirting questions and I was flirting back . And she said she had a whip. Yum! :) The scary thing was she had fingernail pierceings. I rationalized that these had to be like horseshoe shaped because they went through her fingernail directly in the center of her fingernail. It almost seemed like I corrected in the dream and that originally she had the pierceing going all the way through her finger. Ouch! I think we were on our way to meeting and the dream ended. Sigh.

Heard from the import/export comic guy. This is terrific news. It's only a start and I have to send the comic to be reviewed but this endeavor could open the comic to a world audience. It really sucked that Diamond refused to carry my comic but I always wanted a world audience and not just America. So this is exciting news. And if it proves to be a hit I suspect Diamond would change their tune and carry the book to American audiences. We shall see...

My nose is runnig like mad this morning. I've gone through 6 or more hankerchiefs. I hate mornings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home