Tuesday, July 25, 2006

More shit from my brother's ex

Not a bad weekend overall. Wasn't home much other than to sleep. Visited friends and family most of Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Updated the www.futureworkscomics.com page. It hasn't shown up yet on my browsers but I added an e-mail listing and a new page that for the moment only has a single new pic. My hosting service says it sometimes takes up to 48 hours for updates to post to the internet. Yeesh.

Trouble with my D&D character Nef AKA Neferteiri Furio. In the game, she's a rogue more commonly known as a thief. Because the national campaign I play in is battle intensive everything else secondary, certain characters become fairly useless as the levels of danger go up. Rogue is one of these characters. It kinda sucks because my vision for the character is to have a raven familiar that can talk and do some impressive things while Nef leaps around opponents with her tumbling skills ripping their guts out with her 10' long spiked chain weapon. The visuals and role-playing aspects are terrific. The character would make a great character for a novel. But the way the game is played my poor character will slowly be unable to hit her opponents but will get hit by them very often. Sometimes the game mechanics of Dungeons & Dragons really suck. Pretty much, if you don't play a very specific wizard, cleric, or massive fighter type in the campaign I play, at higher levels you won't live. You won't even be useful. So it goes. But because I don't play all that often in the said campaign (maybe 6 to 8 times a year) I should be able to enjoy Nef for at least a year or two before she becomes worthless which is cool.

A weird dream involving my friend Sara. In the dream I called her up. I got either a recorded message or very automated but chipper sounding Sara. I then panicked and hung up without saying a word because I figured she didn't want to hear from me. I woke up with a headache to boot. :(

And finally, yep, more shit from my brother's ex. Once again, she doesn't want my 6 year old nephew to visit his grandparents. In her mind, we talk shit about her to her kids. This is out and out wrong. We talk shit about her but to ourselves. Never when my nephew is around to hear. If nothing else, it's for the very reason she's bitching. The other reason she doesn't want him there is because he gets dirty and because he recently got posion ivy causing him to get a rash. My parents have 5 acres of land that is part field, partly wooded and has a nice stream running across it. It was an awesome place to grow up. I got dirty and got poison ivy all the time. It's part of being a little kid. Meanwhile, she lives in a duplex with neighbors on all sides and maybe a 1/4 acre lot if she's lucky. But apparently she'd prefer my nephew sit in his room watching TV all day. We're thinking that's what my 12 year old niece does. She's over 120 pounds at age 12 and she's not tall. I haven't seen her in some time but she sounds fat. And it's most likely all about her lifestyle - sittin' in front of a TV or computer with little to no exercise.

And today my brother's ex called here looking for him. She fought my brother for full custody and won because my brother gave in terrified that he would lose his kids entirely if they went to court. Massachusetts apparently has a fairly bad habit of giving kids to their mothers in the vast majority of custody cases according to my brother. There's a whole lot more but currently the agreement is she can't leave the state to live anywhere else.

So!

She has full custody and it's her week to have my nephew for the summer (they switch off weeks during the summer vacation). The boys & girls club (i.e. daycare) calls to have my nephew picked up. It's unclear who they called first but that they did call my brother's place of former employment. He got laid off just 4 days ago, last Friday being his last day of work. So the ex calls here telling me my brother has to pick up my nephew immediately. Well, he ain't here. He went fishing and doesn't have a cell phone.

Seeing as I am long winded, the short version is, she wanted my brother to pick up his son on her week of custody. This is most likely because she has been repremanded for leaving her job to pick him up before. So she bitches about not getting any help from my brother even though she FOUGHT for full custody and got it. Hel-fucking-lo?!?!?! He helps plenty. So we have to put up with her usual song and dance about what a horrible family we are. Gee, it has nothing to do with the fact that she cheated on my brother throughout their marriage, lied to him from day one saying her first child was his, doesn't acknowledge the fact that they lived with my parents for 9 months free of charge when they were down and out, asked for the divorce when my brother didn't want one, lived in his duplex for 8 months free of charge while 'looking' for a new apartment and then complaining when my brother legally kicked her out that she wasn't given enough time to find an apartment...and on and on. Christ, what a piece of work she is.

And I highly doubt that any of the child support he gives her goes to the kids. Definately not my nephew, the only new clothes and shoes he's ever been seen with is what my brother buys him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home