Monday, June 26, 2006

A new week

And so it is. Not sure if it's off to a good start though.

The pain and sadness over Elvis's (my inheritted pet cat) death has dulled to a low pain. I still wait for him to start walking under my feet waiting for me to feed him after I get out of bed. And the empty spot where his food dishes were will always be a sad reminder.

Sunday I wasn't up for much. I was still fairly depressed over Elvis's traumatic death and it was raining. Because I hadn't really slept at all Saturday and having been awake pretty much since friday afternoon, I slept for about 12 hours - Sat 10:30pm to Sunday morning 10:30am. Got up, did a whole lot of nothing and went back to sleep for another couple of hours. From 1pm to 4pm I think. Well, I haven't slept since then. I tried and stayed in bed from 3am to 6:30am this morning but I said to hell with it and got up and showered. I figure I'll crash and burn either late this morning or early afternoon. As it is, I can feel a slight throb of headache in my head. Nothing really painfully, just kind of a pressure residing behind my eyes.

When I was awake yesterday I wasn't really in the mood to do much. I was playing fairly subdued music to cope with my loss. Mostly instrumental stuff. Pink Floyd's Darkside of the Moon which I find to be one of the most relieveing albums I've ever heard, and then some Led Zeppelin played by an orchestra and finally the music from the movie Alien. My brother heard it and thought it was Star Wars. I then mentioned I felt like watching the movie Alien as the music played. He was bored and didn't want to spend the night on the computer so he left almost immediately to rent Alien. It's one of his favorite movies to and neither of us had seen for awhile.

I drew some more after that. Nothing major though. Played some Call of Duty 2 on-line til 3am and then decided I'd better try and get some sleep. After 2 hours of nothing I read an X-Men comic and tried again. I waited for my brother to leave for work so that I wouldn't bother him and then got up.

And here I am. It's another dreary, rainy day. I don't really have to much planned for today except for food shopping, cashing last week's paycheck and eating supper at my parent's. There are some things I probably SHOULD do but they can wait if I don't feel up to it or end up napping part of the day away.

I have been thinking about getting a new cat because I know eventually I will. I like cats to much not to have one. I'm leaning towards a marble Bengal cat but they are so expensive that I really shouldn't. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dark Side of the Moon" is good pain music... I listen to it for that reason too.

I'm really, really, really sorry about Elvis.

5:40 AM  
Blogger DungeonMasterJim said...

Thanks Wendy.

You're one of the few people I talk to about such things. It's extremely theraputic. Thank you.

Hopefully you get the peace of soul that you are looking for from the troubles currently facing you.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home