Tuesday, May 30, 2006

HOT weather

Yep, hot weather here in Massachusetts. 'bout 80 degrees here and there but with humidity. Humidity SUCKS. If you've never experienced humidity, just add a bunch of moisture to the weather since that's what it is. So if it's cold it usually feels colder and if it's hot it usually feels hotter.

So the house seemed like it was broiling during the past couple of nights. That included having doors to the outside WIDE open and fans circulating air. And then my house decided to go for a walk outdoors. And another time he apparently didn't. Yet I was outside flashlight in hand looking all around for him.

Bought a domain name. Having trouble getting the on-line pagemaker thing to work. So for the time being, the website is down. I'm kinda pissed about it. Thought the on-line create a website stuff was suppose to make stuff easier.

Finishing up the submission package to Diamond Dist. I should've done this awhile ago but I've found a couple of things confusing. No sure I got them cleared up.

Ugh, busy week ahead. 12 hour shifts the next two nights, Thursday off but I get out at 7am Thursday so it's kinda only a 1/2 day off after sleeping. Friday I run the comic store for 7+ hours since my friends, the owners, are heading down to Wizard World Philly. Then back to work on 12 hour shifts Sat, Sun and Mon. Next Tuesday I'm going to be a zombie. Probably the only good thing about a week like this is that paychecks seem to come that much quicker since I pretty much just sleep and work which sometimes makes the week feel like it soars by.

Still working on a new story for Jaina. I've got some of it worked out - the big 'pay-off', how the story starts, and how the characters get to where in all other cicrcumstances they shouldn't be. Where I'm a little stuck - or at least it hasn't come to me yet - is what the characters do in this place they've travelled to. I've put some background info to paper but not the story yet. Sometimes the story just flows out of me when I actually sit down to write something as opposed to just planning it out.

No memories of dreams lately. Just one of the old I'm running around my old high school sort of thing. I get those occassionally although most of the time it's only me in the high school and almost nobody else I know.

It's already up to 78 degrees and it's only 8:25am. Looks like another hot day. May be hard to fall asleep for my afternoon nap so that I have a clear head for work. Maybe I'll get to sort tonight. Sorting is actually sitting at a conveyor and watching golf balls go by. And you sort the good from the bad. For 6 hours but with breaks thrown in. Depending on who you get working with you (it's done with groups of 4 people) it can be either downright horrible or an easy enjoyable half of a night. Since most of us on the shift get along well it's usually a decent time.

Over and out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. Wicked hot here too! Sunday, I mowed the front yard. Monday, I mowed half the back yard, then I gave up on being dressed at all. ha ha

But I've got AC... For all the good it does under the relentless sun!

Yay - you're ready to send the comic off to Diamond, then?

I considered going to the Wizard thing in Philly. Kevin Smith is going to be there and I find him very attractive. lol

Anyhow, as usual, make sure you get plenty of sleep this week! Talk to you whenever.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home