Thursday, May 11, 2006

D.B.A.'s and sleep and dreams

Everybody wants their cut apparently. Not talking about my comic crew but towns & government. I went to file my Doing Business As the other day and the crew at Town Hall had taken half the day off. No biggie overall but somewhat annoying.

So I go back Tuesday because they don't work on Mondays. Well, I was really tired from working 48 hours in 4 days so I slumped onto my couch and that was that. So I go to file on Wednesday. From my previous visit the D.B.A. is only $20. I've been reading that I may have to take out some notice in a newspaper or something so I got stuck with that. Something like $35 a week and I have to do a minimum of 2 weeks. Sigh. Whatever.

I also need to make a presentation to the town planners because I'll be working out of my home. Fine, whatever. But they only do that on Tuesday nights. I work every other Tuesday night and this next Tuesday I'm working so I have to wait 2 weeks to make my presentation.

Oh yeah, I also need a special permit to wrok out of my home. That's over $100. Sheesh! Anything else, people? My DNA? A year's supply of my comic?

So to get my D.B.A. which is only $20 and good for 4 years, I have to spend upwards of $300.


Work left me fairly tired on Tuesday so I spent it relaxing. I got out at 7am Tuesday and slept once I got home. Wednesday I got up at 7:45am (usually the time I go to bed!) to put the trash out and run down to the local comic shop to help my buddies with Wednesday's comics. Good thing I did as pulling books alone sucks and the drunk never showed. So the boss man was happy I showed up.

After I got home I read one comic and passed out for several hours. I must've needed it or I wouldn't have dogged out for so long. But then I couldn't get to sleep that night. So I ended up being awake until maybe 4am or after. I awoke at noon! I had planned to be up around 9:30 or 10 am. Ugh. Still feeling groggy as I write this.

It's back to work tonight at 7pm for my usual 12 hours. Not sure what condition I'll be in. LOL. But it's payday and I'm expecting a fairly sizeable check so I'll definatly be there.

Looking forward to this weekend because I have it off. Saturday in a way doesn't count because I get out at 7am and plan to sleep. But I will be awak for Sat night, Sunday and Monday. If things go well, I'll get a couple of raspberry bushes to put in the backyard.

Started drawing up some sketches and layouts for issue 3. I hope to draw it but it's a lot of work. The D.B.A. money thing is setting back my timetable for hiring an artist to do it so it gives me more time to draw it if I'm able to stay focused and on top of things.

A little disappointed I can't recall all three of my dreams from last night. They were pretty cool and I tried to tell myself to remember them but it's hard to do that when you're actually dreaming at the time. The only one I can really recall was Wonder Woman fighting zombies in the basement of my parents' house which has a dirt cellar. Yep, dirt cellar. The house was built around the 1840s. I figure I dreamt this because I saw some ads for both Wonder Woman and zombies earlier in the day at the comic store.

Trying to remember the other two but I'm drawing blanks. I just knew I really liked them as they were happening.

Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home