Friday, May 05, 2006

Kind of a suckless Friday

OT at work was fairly boring. Just sitting around for 8 hours listening to a guy talk about how we should works at ways to make our jobs more efficent. Of course, in virtually every instance in his presentation, he shyed away from the fact that streamlining jobs usually costs workers their jobs. I thin he admitted it once. The room was fairly hostile towards him for the most part. This was mainly because the bulk of the people in the meeting had been at Top Flite for 20+ years. They don't like change.

What WAS funny about the same people was 'things are the same, that manangement doesn't listen' for the past 20 years. But here's the interesting part. Management has changed several times from what I understand. The workers haven't. They are the same workers that have been there for 20 years. Maybe THEY are the problem.

Some of the stuff the guy making the presentation said works. I've been through a couple of companies that have made the same type of improvements. But the room was full of nay-sayers. From what I was hearing, I don't think I would want to get stuck with any of the old timers. They are set in their ways and know best. Kind of reminds me when Poland tried to fend off Germany in World War 2. Poland was using men on horseback with lances. Against tanks. Yes, TANKS! The old time workers at Top Flite remind me of Poland. I guess I'm just part of the new age of New England where I expect manufacturing jobs to move away while these guys try and make it to retirement before they lose their jobs. And they were pretty hot about some machinery going to China. Like Top Flite is the first to try doing that. Yeesh.

Weather again was terrific but that was kind of it. Went to file my 'Doing Business As' at my local city hall. The people I needed to see took half the day off. Now I have to go back Tuesday because they don't work on Mondays. Kind of annoying.

Poker sucked tonight. I was fairly pumped for this because my friends and I hadn't played for quite awhile. There were suppose to be five of us. One guy cancelled and another didn't show unti almost an hour and fifteen minutes after we were suppose to start. The only good thing about that was that one buddy had UFC tapes playing and I was watching that.

Didn't help that I played like shit too. I bailed on a hand of king/five when everyone else went all in. I would've won a huge pot because I had the best hand out of the four of us. And I almost played the hand but my intellect said not to. Sometimes I do very well when I just go with a gut feeling.

So here I still, making excuses to stay up late for no good reason even though I got up at 5:45am today. What the hell is the matter with me?

Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home