Friday, April 07, 2006

Soprano things

Borrowed the first year of the Sopranos from my buddy. I've always wanted to watch these because I pretty much love all things mob related. And as I suspected, instant love for the series. My brother too, who watched the first two episodes with me.

Then I had a dream that night/this morning that I was looking around a junkyard/autobody place looking for mob evidence. It got weird when then had raccoons fighting something like a fisher. A fisher is sort of a small wolverine. The fisher was winning easily having killed something like 20 raccoons. It was kind of a bizarre dream.

Bought some Prismacolor Premier colored pencils. They don't give these things away. My 24 pencils packet nomally costs $30. I used a 40% off coupon to get them for like $18 and change. I want to try these out on the black Strathmore paper I have. If I get good with them I think I can make some really cool pictures.

Getting my ass KICKED in fantasy baseball this week. My pitching - which I thought would do well - is getting SHELLED! Gah. It's horrible. Not only did my staff get shelled, many of them got hurt. Two pitchers are out for a month possibly two. Another is out unti lApril 12. Another was sent to Triple A otherwise known as the minor leagues. Out of 8 categories that determine who wins week to week, I'm down 7 to 1. Guess I'm going to get my first lost this week.

Paid the bill for printing the comic. By the comapny's on-line promise, they should have the books printed within 5 working days of receiving payment. It'll be awesome to get the books soon.

Still haven't been hired by Top Flite. This really sucks because I can't neccessarily go forward with many plans because I don't have the money to proceed. The extra income I'll earn from Top Flite will provide that.

Read Ultimate X-Men trade paperback. It collects issues 1 thru 6. I really enjoyed these. Issues as of late (I think they are up to issue 48+) are a little hit and miss but the early ones were quite good. My only complaint is that major character development took place off-panel. Essentially, so and so and A and B become love interests in a single word balloon by a teammate stating that. I actually flipped back several pages to see if I had missed something.

So! If you like fights then get Ulimate X-Men trade paperback Vol 1. Unfortunately, you do have to fill in the blanks when it comes to character development.

Starting three days of 12 hour shifts tomorrow night so don't expect and big updates over the next couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home