Wednesday, March 29, 2006

All sorts of stuff

Got my drug test and physical tomorrow!!!! This is actually terrific news. It's one of the last steps before being hired on to Top Flite as a regular employee.

Weird dream. My sleep has been screwed up on these two days off. I had to go to the post office after work so I only sleep for 3 or 4 hours and got up on Tuesday. Feel asleep for a bit around 7 to 8pm and was up maybe til 3am ot 4 am. Then I got up for 8:15am to go help my friends at the comic store for 9am.

During this run of screwed up sleep, I dreamt I was digging in my backyard. I uncovered some sort of blue tarp maybe a foot down. Dug around that for awhile until I removed part of it from the ground. Found a human skull under the blue tarp. I woke up soon after.

Watched some TV tonight because it was kinda interesting stuff. All on PBS. I've taken a real liking to BBC World News. It's so much more interesting than my local news. Local news spends 90 minutes every day on really boring stuff. I'm talking BORING stuff. I get sick of snippets of stories 'continued next half hour'. Yeah, so Agawam H.S. has kids with drug problems. Stop the presses!!!!!

Saw a fiarly disturbing bit on BBC. In India, having female babies is apparently kind of a bad thing. This woman had her third child, a third daughter and the family was upset. Although it's illegal, some places allow abortions because of the gender of the baby. That's pretty fucked up. It's not rape, or a baby with disabilities that would result in an extremely poor quality of life. It's because it's a girl. One town had a ratio of 34 boys to 15 or 19 girl babies. They didn't say how large the town was but that only 1 baby girl had been born this year.

On another night they were talking about the European Union banning airlines with poor safety records from being allowed to land in European airports. They then showed a file clip of a jet airliner taxiing. It was Phuket airlines. LOL! My brother and I laughed at this quite loudly.

Another PBS show tonight talked about numbers and mathematics. Usually boring stuff but it was presented fairly well and rather enjoyable. It's goofy how things get tagged with names. The numbers 0 - 9 are called Arabic numbers or numerals but they originated in India. In fact, India created the number zero. The Romans never had a number zero.

Finally heard from a printer on quotes for my comic. I stopped at the other place and they seemed to be like ' you had a quote coming from us'? Joy.

Thinking about investing in some colored pencils. Not cheap ones but a small set that usually goes for around $20. I have some black Strathmore paper and color really looks great on them. But I'm kinda crappy with pastels and I don't care for the square shape of the ones I have. I also don't care for the mess they make getting all over my fingers and smudging easily when I don't want them to.

Bought some Heroclix from the comic store today and didn't get jack shit. So much for buying older sets. Now I owe the store $42 because I bought them on credit or a tab or whatever one wants to call it.

Already have trouble with my fantasy baseball team. One guy got dropped to the minors, another is pitching like crap and may lose his role as a 'closer' and another got released! Yeesh! But that's baseball. My team seems competitive on paper but we'll see.

Think that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home