Saturday, March 18, 2006

Um, yeah...

I lied.

Well, not really. I changed my mind about going to ConnCon. About 2AM this morning at work I really started to drag. At 3AM I was really surly and just said, 'screw it, I ain't going'. 4AM was pretty much the same. 5AM I got a second wind felt fairly awake but that was probably because of the Zingers and Gatorade I had at break. And also some mechanics issues at work that needed to be worked out.

On the ride home I nearly ignored a street signal that's in the center of a 4-way intersection. Thankfully the light was green when I remembered it because I wouldn't have had much time to stop.

I briefly went on the internet once home to see if a friend was on-line. I was hoping to get his dad's number so I could call the dad at Conncon. No luck. So I went to bed. I was in bed and asleep almost immediately.

I did wake up at 9:30am which would have given me a shot at making it to Conncon but I said screw it and went back to sleep.

I feel kinda bad about missing it because it's an annual thing but I pretty much play pen-paper D&D quarterly these days. Maybe less. There were a lot of little factors that I can justify the reason not to go like 90 minutes of sleep in what would be about a 24 hour period which would have included a 2 hour highway trip at 75mph+, I didn't register, $30 to play 4 slots of gaming, falling asleep (most likely) during one of those slots from lack of sleep, hunger from not eating properly during the gaming and the like. But I guess i don't love the game as much as I use to.

So I spent the bulk of the day at the comic store I frequent playing Heroclix with my close friends that I haven't really seen a lot of over the pass few weeks. I got my ass KICKED in 3 seperate games. I'm on a pretty bad schnide. I can't recall the last time I won or was even competitive. I think I'm approaching or even maybe hit a 10 game losing streak. So I'm thinking about quitting the game. LOL! There is so seriousness to quitting though.

Found out a friend of mine has aracnophobia - the fear of spiders. The fact that he has it is funny because he's this big firefighter, tough black dude. He said he nearly drove off the road nearly causing an accident because a spider crawled across the windshield.

I shouldn't laugh but i did.

Guess I'm getting old. My friends too. I'm kinda od dragging and fighting not to fall alseep at 8:48pm on a Saturday night. I'll be playing Call of Duty 2 on-line after this. My buddy went home to play World of Warcraft. That may have changed though. The ex-girlfriend of his best friend showed up at the store. So the three of us sat there shooting the shit bored out of our minds while we waited for 8pm to roll around so we could close the store. We said screw it and closed at 7:30pm. It was a dead day for sales anyways.

So my buddy and the girl went off for ice cream. My buddy invited me but I wasn't interested in spending money - not since I plan on spending over $240 in the next day or two. It wouldn't surprise me if the girl wanted to screw him. Their friends but she had previously hooked her sister up with my buddy and it felt like she wanted some dick tonight. I'm kinda of considered the freak so I don't believe she had any eyes for me. LOL!

Okay, time to kill folk on CoD2.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey freak. Yeah, you are getting old. :-P

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home