Saturday, March 25, 2006

Why didn't I stay in bed?

I forced myself up at 10:22am this morning. I know - forced?!!?!

Couldn't get to sleep last night and I think I finally dogged out at 3am. Maybe 4am.

Usually what I do the day of going back to work is to get up around 10am or 11am, stay up for about 3 or 4 hours and then back to bed for about 2 to 3 more hours before work. Generally it works fairly well. I dunno about today. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Boring stuff to do before work: change cat litter (yuck!), do the dishes, and I really should go get lunch meats so I have decent lunches for the next three days. We'll see how lazy I get.

Drove around yesterday trying to get some printing quotes for my comic. Still waiting on those.

Gotta pay the state $28 in taxes.

Got my baseball draft today. Kinda sucks because I LOVE to draft in fantasy leagues but I have to go to work. So I'm going to have to let the computer do it. Ugh. My team will probably suck so bad! The biggest thing I'm worried about? Losing my perfect rating on Yahoo Fantasy sports. I've played in 2 football leagues and won them both. There's a little bar that tells you of your success and gives out trophies. Mine's perfect. I didn't do any research for this baseball league so I might do horrible. So most likely, bye bye perfect rating. :(

Got my ass handed to me in D&D On-line last night. I'm kinda pissed about it. I recreated my halfling paladin from a pen & paper campaign. On-line is a little different than pen & paper but overall the same. I play complicated role-playing characters instead of min/max characters. Kinda sucks in a way because you almost need to min/max to survive in the campaigns I play. And other players will hold it against you if you can't do as much damage in combat as them.

Anyways, a min/max character is a character that puts a certain stat to it's highest. Usually it's a fighter with the highest strength they can get. There's nothing wrong with this until they don't play their other stats correctly. This usually means the Charisma stat (likeability, tact, leadership) and Intelligence stat (sheer brainpower) usually don't get played correctly. The prime example is this kid I know. He plays a fighter. His Int and Chr are probably 8 apiece which is like being a "D" student in school. Yet because the player has memorized almost every monster in the game, his character knows exactly what to do in every combat.

Suffice to say, we have different outlooks on the game.

Think I'm rambling because I'm still half asleep.

Bye.

P.S. - Thanks for the props, Wendy! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home