Thursday, March 30, 2006

My cat, natural born dummy lol

Yeah, my cat is REALLY dumb. I don't expect much brain power out of a cat but mine is at least ,...extremely ignorant.

So, he does his usual cat patrol thing of watching the area by the kitchen sink. There's a space between the floor of the cupboard under the sink and the floor that leads to the basement or at least an open space. Mice apparent come and go through there.

At long last, his vigilance pays off and a mouse shows up. He does the usual pawing the thing here and there and maybe biting it a few times. Not sure if the mouse played dead or what but the cat started carrying it around and eventually dumped it into his litter box. This may have been a best place for the mouse since he is a house cat after all. Then the mouse springs to life and rushes off back into the kitchen and underneath the kitchen table. The kitchen table is packed with boxes underneath it because there is no other place to put them in the house - moving a three story house into a single floor 5 room house tends to make things jammed up.

Eventually the mouse comes out from behind the boxes and the chase is on again. In all, this happens three times - my cat chasing the mouse around. And since I haven't seen a mouse corpse anywhere and that my cat doesn't seem to eat meat of any kind, I'm guessing the mouse got away.

So it would seem that while the cat is at least a persistent hunter, he's no killer. And since mice are vermin, this kinda sucks.


Bizarre sleep schedule today. I woke up around 6:30am or so and decided to get up. I'll go back to bed around 10am and get back up around 1pm. Then I'll get ready for the physical and drug test, return from that and go to work from 7pm to 7am. I find this to generally be more effective than trying to sleep for 9 to 10 hours straight. I can only do that if I'm dead tired. But I do find that getting up and doing something for a few hours seems to knock some of the energy out of me and I go back to sleep usually fairly easily. I actually picked this habit up when I use to live with my parents. My mom would get up anywhere from 3:30 am to 5:30 am if she slept in. All the animals would then wake up to be fed - a couple of cats and a noisy dog. Then my dad would get up and watch TV for awhile. This would be anywhere from 6:45 am to 7:30 am. During all this phone calls from the other family members would roll in. Some would call just to blab and others called to see about babysitting or whatnot. After about 2 and 1/2 or 3 hours of this, everybody would go back to sleep or my parents would leave for morning duties like food shopping, errands, or doctor's appointments. So the best time in the house to sleep would be from like 9:30 am until 11am. But considering I worked a lot of nights in that span, it was quite upsetting to be awoken in the middle of my 'night' to all sorts of clamouring.

That's it for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's not a "dumb cat" thing... Many intelligent cats act like that. My own cats won't even lower themselves to acknowledging a mouse, much less chase one! Of the 4 pets we own, only our youngest dog will pursue a rodent; possibly because she is young, and vigorous (obnoxious).

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home