Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Meh, crap!

Freaking woke up at 4:50am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Looks like I'll probably have a hard time getting back up later today after my nap before work.

Can't sleep for shit lately and it's pissing me off. I think my problem is my work schedule. I slip in naps at weird hours to try and bulk up my sleep time and recharge myself. The problem is, these naps are just that - naps. And they've sorta become the norm for me. 2 hours here, 3 hours there. It has actually become an issue to actually sleep for a full 8 hours. Well, until I hit that 3rd day in a row of 12 hour shifts. Then I sleep for like 9 hours straight.

The only good thing about these naps is that I get a lot of dreaming in. But some are really bizarre.

Listed the comic on Ebay. After the listing cost of $1.30 and the book only goes for $5 doesn't look like I'll make much money if it sells. Guess I should look into better options.

I tried to sign up for both MySpace and Friendster as ways of promoting the comic. Neither registration page would load up after I entered my info. And that's what really gauls me about these webpages. I have high speed broadband and I go on-line usually on 'off hours' and ha;f these pages won't load.

Bought two raspberry bushes yesterday. $7 a pop. I have no idea if that's a good price or not. Blueberry bushes go for $12. Currently, the plants are sitting on my living room table because it keeps raining here. It's suppose to keep raining for 3 more days, a weekend break, and then more rain. I have to work this whole weekend.

Accomplished most of what I wanted to do this weekend so that's good. Rearranged the order of doing things a bit though as I was thoroughly useless on Saturday. Mainly it was because I got out of work at 7am and stayed up so that I could cash my paycheck at 9am. Slept for 5 hours but I was rather exhausted still which I think is what really started this current streak of bad sleeping. So I was a lump on the couch just watching my buddy's Soprano's DVDs which I really enjoy. Even though it's year 3 and year 5 or 6 is currently in production, the DVDs are new to me because I haven't seen the shows.

Did some work on issue 3 of the comic but not as much as I had planned. Sketched layouts for 3 pages and drew up the panels on the full sized artboards. Did the main 'roughs' for one of the three pages although I had intended to do all three these past couple of days. Seeing friends on Sunday for about 4 hours gobbled up time I had hoped to spend on the comic but I had a good time so I'm not that worked up about it.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home