Sunday, May 14, 2006

Various things on a Sunday

A bit of bad news to start. The artist for the Necropolis Chronicles will not be returning for the next issue. This really sucks. Jenn is really cool and seems to read my mind when it comes to creating the imagery for the book. But, she's not returning to penciling the book for a good reason - she's got a decent sounding gig from a fancy restaurant. Go Jenn!

Jenn's work can be found at www.jenniferrodgers.com

Tell her I sent ya.

Stuck in the throes of fairly miserable weather here. The few days of projected 8 or 9 days of rain. Ugh. Makes for lots of computer time though.

Gah, I succumbed to my addiction last night. I had some extra $$$ and thought about heading up to Barnes & Noble bookstore. My brother was heading up to CompUSA which is right next door so we headed up.

I only brought $40. Good and bad. Good because I knew I'd spend ALL of my spending money had I brought it all. Bad because I LOVE books and as usual, wanted WAY more than $40 worth of books. I settled on a guide to my D&D On-line game for $20 and a book on ancient Egypt marked down to $10. The Egypt book is better than I thought. It's kind of like an encyclopedia - 2 pages of info with accompanying photos. It's like 400+ long. I mainly bought it to peruse and use as phot-reference. Part of the Jaina's history in The Necropolis Chronicles (my comic) is that she spent four months in Egypt. I'm still working on ideas to bring in Egyptian influenced material, mainly the goddess Bast. I wasn't satisfied with the first story I wrote though.

Once again my fantasy baseball team needs a big day. I'm losing 8 to 2 in the various 10 categories up for grabs. Just like every week it seems. My guys getting hurt is not helping. I keep losing guys to injury. To add insult to injury, my guys keep injurying one another. Two guys collided at first base and one really hurt his wrist. Then one of these same guys plunked a pitcher on my team in the hand with a ball hit right back at the pitcher. Sheesh! I'm fairly close in a couple of categories so I may be able to finish 6 and 4. Hopefully.

Meh, it's still a long season. Currently I still have a .660 winning percentage which is tied for tops in our league.

Had a crazy dream I was trying to escape from an oppressive government the other day. It started out as me trying to escape from my neighbor's basement/lower level of their house. Once I escaped that area it turned into a parking garage & parking lot environment. I escape these cop like guys that were riding something - maybe horses or some sort of scooter - I forget. But I escaped into resedential area that quickly became woods. I was driving in a tiny car with a co-worker and blasting around on dirt roads until either the road ran out or we crashed - again, can't recall. We then ran through the woods for awhile while being chased. We doubled back and I found myself running around a complex that seemed to be a combination of lumber mill/concrete supplies with a chain link fence. Never got in and gave shit to the co-worker for wasting time. I think I ran back into the woods and the dream ended.

Was kinda pissed I woke up at 6:15am this morning. I went to bed at 2am and had trouble falling asleep. I'm already starting to feel a little groggy again. I did read more of my book on Ancient Egypt though and made a decent Belgain waffle breakfast for myself.

Yeah, a nap sounds good right now.

Work hasn't been to bad lately. It never really is actually. But I learned Nazi Boy and Dirtbag were picking on a new kid.What a surprise. I know the kid. He's a decent kid although he seems a little goofy or maybe a little stupid. But that's hardly a reason to get all over him.

Oh yeah, apparently Dirtbag thinks I might actually value his opinion. I got stuck working with him for a day and he started his shit fairly early - making fun of me or making asshole comments. One such comment was when he found my book on How to Speak German. His first thing to do was learn who's book it was. Then the first comment he said was something along the lines of 'where are the ovens'. When I responded with something like 'that's totally racist' (I'm not Jewish) he was like 'I hate Christians too'. Okay. Whatever loser. Next time your abducted by aliens hopefully they won't return you.

Anyways, later on he starts blabbing and he finds out that I like some of the same things he does. I can get into conspiracy theories and the like here and there and I readily believe that a missile hit the Pentagon and not a plane. Once he heard this he made sure to explain who every president is related to this secrte society that runs the world and has predicted every president since the 1800's. Um,...yeah. I LIKE conspiracy theories, but I don't let them run my life and make me a paranoid.

And finally, I can see the end of the tunnel for spending big bucks on my comic. Since my new job I've dropped or plan to drop almost $2000 in legal fees and internet stuff. Most of that is paid off. But I do plan on getting an Ebay store and a domain name for my comic. That should cost around $250 combined I believe. Then it's only some money here and there. FINALLY, too! There are other things I want to buy for the house.

Okay. Nap time for the old man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home