Monday, June 12, 2006

The Teller

Yup, the teller. Or more precisely, the new credit union teller. I'm not sure what this fellow's problem is and I have no real issue or beef with him. But he just sucks at his job. He's a young dude - maybe 23 or something. And he's been in training - for what seems like well over a month. It might be only a couple of weeks but something's up with this guy.

Anyway - I go in at 1:01pm and I'm the only person there. I get helped out right away. There is a sign saying teller in training. This guy did my last check or so maybe 10 days ago. So I do the same thing as last time. I explain that I am doing a couple of things: putting cash into 2 seperate accounts. One is checking, one is savings. After that, I am cashing my paycheck. From that I am putting money into the same two accounts - the savings and then the checking account. I get what's left over.

Well, it took this guy about 12 minutes to figure everything out. He also tried to credit my account with an extra $10. Then he had to take that money out. The whole time I'm watching him I can see his face being totally 'what am I doing?' because he's pushing buttons and looking at another cashier with a pleading look. Then when she engages another worker in conversion he goes back to staring at his computer screen with a knitted brow and a pinched look. So I knew something was up. So I made sure to check all my receipts and that's when I noticed he put too much money into my accounts. Seemed pretty cut and dry to me - from $300 he was to put $150 into the savings account and the other $200 into a checking number. Maybe the hitch that they are under two seperate account numbers got him. I don't know.

Like I said, other than some minor annoyance, I really have nothing against this guy. But from my experiences with him so far, he's a suckless teller. He just doesn't seem to get it. And when I get any of the women working there they handle things in a fraction of the time. I don't know how many hours this guy works, but he didn't seem to improve in the least since the last time I saw him. And in all seriousness that really was like 10 days or more ago.

Got embarrassed today. I was browsing through my local JC Penny's department store. I was there to buy underwear. Yes, I DO buy underwear. I am not your average male! LOL! Didn't see a whole lot I liked and the 6 pack of briefs I glanced at was more than I budgetted for. Here's where I got embarrassed. I wanted to look at a rack of underwear but this young woman employee was pricing it there. And then her friend came over and the pair started chatting as they worked. I waited a sec and then said the hell with it and left. I didn't want to be seen buying underwear. LOL! What a prude I can be. I did buy a 3 pack some ways away from the girls though. Haven't tried them out. Sometimes buying underwear is really hit or miss comfort-wise.

Had to log in under a different e-mail for my AOL account than I normally do. And I noticed I had like 4 or 5 messages from MySpace. I was able to see 2 I think before the other links to MySpace just wouldn't load up. Not only that, now I had trouble trying to load up other websites. This really sucks because a couple of the people that help me put the comic together often blog there. I'd like to read their stuff but I get maybe 1 log entry and then nothing else loads. On occassion a restart of my PC helps but c'mon - a restart just to look at multiple blog entries. Forget it. So I have an extremely low opinion of MySpace.

I'm sending the comic out to Marvel tomorrow. I may have a slight 'in' there so my comic might be shown to editors. We'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up but I'd be dumb not to try this 'in' out.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home