Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Party's over

It's back to work tonight after some 10 days off. Looking forward to the money but not the return of long, 12 hour shifts. I only work 2 days and then have three off though.

What did I do in those 10 days?

Got about half the work done that I had planned for the comic. I may have set my goals at unrealistic levels. I was to work 6 hours a day on the comic. Didn't do that. What I did get done though is collect a number of poems from the contributors. I also got 10 or 12 pages of bio's basically totally done. This includes all the art production of drawing/scanning/grayscaling/importing into Adobe Illustrator stuff. Also wrote up the bio's and had them editted. I just have to replace the mock-up's with the real thing. I also have most of the back cover done. It's coming out better than I expected. I will have to rework the front cover. Not satisfied with the image I currently have for it.

Decided not to buy the Bengal kitten. This kinda sucks as I was rather hoping to get one. But $800 for a kitten is too extravagant and expense. However, the lady I visited is retiring one of her females from breeding. The cat is currently promised to another lady but I got the impression I impressed the lady enough to be considered as the buyer instead. The cat is a little over a year old and is really neat. She also has the softess hair I've ever felt on a cat. The lady wants about $100 for the cat and the cost of fixing it. I'd go for that. We'll see as the breeder wants one more litter out of the cat.

Didn't play any D&D On-line but I did play a bit of Call of Duty 2. This game almost never gets old for me. It's just running around shooting up other people in a World War 2 setting. It's simple and fun and there is almost always a big game of 20 people or more going on somewhere. Sometimes I do fairly well and other times I get totally stomped. And there's always someone bitching about the play of the game. I guess they don't get the idea of stress relief.

I actually didn't see much of my friends. I think we only got together 3 times. I did work at the comic shop one Wednesday. It threw off my whole system for the day though. I hate it when I slosh through a day.

I'm stuck in the middle as the communication guy between my brother and my neighbor and it's getting old. My brother was suppose to bring this guy mulch for his flower beds. According to my brother the guy never set a specific date. Now the guy's been wanting the mulch for a few weeks and my brother hasn't delievered. My neighbor's an okay guy but I hate being the communication guy. I'm the one that has to hear the shit from both of them. I have no other interaction other than being caught in the middle. It's annoying. They should take care of their shit without involving me. I think it's finally come to that point - and thank god.

Injuries are finally costing my fantasy baseball team. I've literally had to replace half my team over the season and pickings are slim for good replacement players. I've fallen from 2nd to 4th. So far this week, my current opponent's pitching pitched something like three shut outs. You can't beat that so I expect to lose again in most of the categories and plummet farther down the ranks of the league. I've sat in either 1st or 2nd since the start of the baseball season so to fall like a sinking ship now really sucks.

I'm sick of writing now. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home