Thursday, July 06, 2006

Nothing overly new

Nope, not really. Was a bit of a slug yesterday sleeping and staying on my computer mostly. Monday and Tuesday were spent mostly at my parents place because of the 4th of July holiday. Great chow both days. Working tonight and tomorrow. And then when I get out on Saturday morning I come home to eat and then go to ConnectiCon. It's an anime con but I'm going to play Dungeons & Dragons. This could backfire as there are only a couple of people signed up to play games and it's $35 to the con for the day. I'll be bringing along a couple of couples of my comic just in case D&D doesn't go off.

My friend and his buddy are going Sunday for D&D. There's nobody signed up at all for Sunday gaming. He wanted me to switch days and go Sunday. Screw him. He's an alright guy but I know where I stand with him on a friendship level - he only contacts me when he wants to play D&D or maybe split a room at a con. And he usually bows out if I try to get a group of people to do anything else.

Things didn't go well at the comic store after I left last Friday. The co-owner doesn't want anything to do with the drunk now. It's kinda too bad because the drunk ain't a bad guy at heart, just weak-willed and lacking in discipline. And it gets him into serious trouble. I'm talking drug-overdose bad. It really sucks to have a friend that you really don't know what'll happen to from day to day.

As usual, my fantasy baseball team is losing again. I'm down 4 categories to 5 or maybe 6. I'm playing the 9th place team and I'm in 2nd place. The team is run by my friend. Last time we face each other I lost something like 3wins to his 6 wins and I lost the next 2 or 3 weeks. And again, like before, I have 4 of my starting pitchers facing off against one another and only one start from each of them this week. So at best, I will come out with 2 wins in a best case scenario. Last time, was NOT a best case scenario. And it doesn't help that I've already left something like 5 runs, 5 hits, 2 HRs and 3+ RBIs on my bench while the other guys have gone a combined something like 0 for 10 or 12. Sigh. Of course, if you don't follow baseball in detail you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Worked on some more character portraits for The Necropolis Chronicles Companion issue. Per plan, I have 3 to go and 1 shot of the school to do. I have so more optional shots in case I need to fill pages. These would be of characters not yet introduced though. I may do a 'things to come' picture showing glimpses of bad guys to come. I REALLY like two story arcs that have yet to see print and I'd love for them to get printed. We shall see.

Think that's all for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discipline is sexy. lol

That's all I gotta say today.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home