Saturday, July 15, 2006

My computer does weird things

I use two different web browsers because both have problems. I usually use Mozilla Firefox for most of my stuff but for whatever reason, it will not load Yahoo.com. I have no idea why. This all started about a month and a half ago. One of the most common pages in all the internet and it won't load it.

I also use Internet Explorer. It also won't load Yahoo. But I can load Yahoo groups and 'my yahoo'. So go figure. MySpace pretty much dies on me after viewing 1 profile and then won't load a new one no matter what browser I use.

So then I go to comixfan.com almost always with IE. It wouldn't load the page up at all after 4 seperate times. So I fired up Mozilla and it loaded it up in 2 seconds, literally. So who the hell knows what goes on with my computer.

My brother-in-law did well in his emergency surgery so that's great news there. And my brother got a job which is also very good news. There was no way he shouldn't have a job because he has too many valueable skills NOT to be hired. Stuff like heating & air conditioning exp., waste water treatment license, boiler technition for 10+ years and all sorts of mechanical skills.

The comic's coming along. I haven't done as much as I could have but it is progressing. It's looking pretty good overall though.

Still in 2nd place in my Fantasy Baseball league. But because of my computer's shenanigans, things are getting screwed up where guys I put in don't get put in and still sit on my bench.

Things are going pretty well so I can't complain. My holiday paycheck was about $100 more than I was expecting so good news there.

And I'm actually terrified by what's going on in the Middle East. I am so glad I live in America. But all these crazy folks over there actually have a big bearing on my life. They could push gas prices to extremes in weeks or days instead of months. And they might drag us into more war. I've actually never been scared of war before. Here's a thing I noticed about the middle east. It's not based on countries per say, it's not Syria versus Israel. It's muslims vs jews according to the terrorists. It's a shitty situation all the way around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It (the Middle East situation) is shitty and I hate it. I kind of miss the 80's, when I was scared of the USSR dropping nukes on us...

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home