Sunday, July 30, 2006

No sleeping on the job!

No, it wasn't me. There's this fairly new guy - still a temp - and he's a little weird, usually a big bundle of juvenile energy. We all knew our supervisor had switched for one night with the 'by the book' supervisor of our mirror shift. So crackhead Bob, the bundle of juvenile energy gets caught sleeping by another supervisor passing through our department. Later, crackhead Bob gets caught sleeping a second time by the 'by the book' supervisor. So this supervisor sent him home. I guess he also told crackhead Bob to call before coming to work to see if he has a job. We all know being caught sleeping on the job is grounds for termination. We work 12 hours, we work 7pm to 7am, but we all know there is no sleeping allowed.

Our super probably would've given the guy a warning but I'm hearing a note was left explaining the situation to the lady that runs our department and rules over the supervisors. The feeling of my co-workers is that our supervisor will have no choice but to fire crackhead Bob or suffer the rath of the boss lady himself. We'll see.

I couldn't believe another co-worker of mine. The song Ohio came on. It's by Crosby, Stills, Nah and Young and is about the U.S. National Guard firing on and killing Kent State University students protesting the Vietnam war back in the early 1970's. The song was written and released around 1971 I think.

Anyways, being a jerk, for fun I started yelling at my co-worker Jon. I was mouthing off, 'I was there, Jon! 4 dead! 4 DEAD!!!!!' I was pretty dramatic about it pretending to be really angry. So, about 3 minutes after my rant, co-worker Adam - a 21 year old or so - leans over and asks in all seriousness 'Were you really there , Jim?' And then he asked how old I was. I replied that even at my advanced age of 35 that I was a mere babe at the time and nowhere near Kent University. Hell, I doubt I was even out of diapers! But I was highly amused by Adam's question for the rest of the work night. Ah, youth. It can be so dumb! LOL!

And Sara pimped futureworkscomics.com on her blog! Thanks, Sara! And thank you for the gifs for the website! I'll post them after my 3 days at work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, oh yeah, Jim. You were there to witness the Kent State shootings. Uh huh. Actually, you were one of the National Guardsmen shooting at the students, weren't you?

Yeah, yeah. I knew it all along.

Damn the man!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home