Monday, August 07, 2006

POISONED!

Ugh, and boy was I ever. First, the lead up to the day.

Did my wake up at 5am which really sucked. Got up and made breakfast. I started with the worst waffles I've ever made in my life. I won't be using that mix again!

Took a 90 minute nap which helped lots. Got up and fled to Monster House. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. The ending was a little so-so and seemed a little drawn out but the flick was well worth my money.

Ran over to the comic store and played some Heroclix with friends. Dice rolls against me and horrible dice rolls on my part made for a very frustrating day. Pretty much, it was over for me after the 2nd round even though the game lasted about 10 rounds. I was behind early and couldn't catch up.

Sped to my parents house for supper. My mom had my brother that I live with cook the chicken because she says that she always burns it (not true). I was a little leery of this and my senses were correct. The chicken seemed a little undercooked to me. My stomach later would prove this to be true.

So I ate and then hung around awhile because my oldest brother was there and I only see him once a month or so. Towards the end of my visit I started feeling the urge to use the bathroom. So I ended up leaving because I had been gone almost the whole day anyways. When trying to buckle my seatbelt I was in pain. The drive home was uncomfortable. I was in the bathroom 20 seconds after entering my house. Did some business there but the pressure and sometimes pain was still there. My brother that had done the cooking had arrived home earlier. In about an hour I used the bathroom 5 times I think. One was a false alarm but the last one was pea soup. But I was cured. There was no more pain and no more horrendous pressure in my abdominal region. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Relief. Still, I was fairly fatigued from the whole weekend and lay like a lump on my couch watching tv in boredom for the rest of the night except for scanning in the back cover to the guide book for the comic.

I finally went to be around 11pm and didn't get up until 11am this morning. I have to leave for OT at my job in less than 2 hours of this writing. I'm not looking forward to it but it should result in a nice paycheck because it's my 48 hour week on top of everything else. So I'll be putting in 56 hours this week. I don't expect to get much done this week other than fantasy baseball stuff i the mornings before I go to bed.

My team kicked some butt this week and I was able to propel myself back into 2nd place. I'm only a half game ahead of the guy in 3rd though so it'll be a tough fight to stay there. I think we have this week and 3 more after that before the paly-off's start. The top 6 teams make it in out of our 10 team league. The teams finishing in 1st and 2nd get a bye in the first week of play-off's which is what I'm shooting for. The guy in first is pretty far ahead of everyone else so he ought to finish in first place barring a colossal collpase on his part.

No weird dreams that I can recall last night despite sleeping around 11 hours. I only seem to remember dreams from my naps.

This weekend will kinda suck. I'm sorta required to be at my nephew's birthday party Saturday morning and then I work Sat, Sun, and Monday nights. Because Monday is a new week by the company's standards it's not part of my 56 hour week. But in reality, I'll be working 68 hours in 8 days. Thursday night and Friday will be my only days off. Ugh. It'll be a tough week. Should be a fast one though because it'll pretty much just be sleep and work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home