Sunday, August 06, 2006

Damn it.

After only two stints of 3 hours of sleep in about 40 hours I'm up at 6:48 am on a Sunday morning. This was not the plan. It's all the fault of my neighbor and then also some of me for wanting to see my friends Saturday afternoon. I slept from 11pm to 5am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I think I'm over-exhausted or something. my eyelids feel kinda heavy but even if I sit/lay do nothing my mind races with thought. I sat in bed tossing and turning for an hour trying to get back to sleep but no dice.

Grumble, grumble....

I was a bit of a jerk yesterday. I arrived at my credit union to cash my paycheck at like 12:55pm. They close at 1pm on Saturdays. Of course, I get the dimwit. This teller blows. He's a polite fellow but as usual, he takes FOREVER with any transaction. He's not good at his job. The last time I was there I cashed in a dollar coin for a paper dollar bill. I don't think the kid had ever seen one before. They are annoying and I had gotten it out of a post office vending machine after I had bought a book of stamps. The dude proceeds to look at it, touch and feel it to make sure it's real. I was like - wtf? Do you REALLY think I would try passing off fake money as real or that I had counterfeited the coin? Sheesh.

So I know Mr. Simpleton and I start off with my easy transaction. I deposit cash into my checking account. Then I cash my check. From that, I put more money into my checking account (mortgage payment), some money into a seperate savings account for my nephew's college fund (should he chose to go) and I get the rest back. During the first transaction he informs me that he has to give me a written receipt because their new computer system isn't printing out receipts. No biggie, but I ask him to put my balances on the second/last receipt. So he's taking forever and another customer comes in and does his stuff and leaves. Another teller then locks the door because it is now after 1pm. So I get a wee dramatic because the lady is looking in my direction. I fold my hands in front of me, then behind me, then in my pockets. The lady asks dimwit teller if he needs help but he says no. So he writes out his two receipts for the second transaction - one for me, one for the bank. I sign one and give it back to him. For my change I ask he give me $70 in ten dollar bills. My change was $170. For whatever reason he counts out $90 in tens. The way they always hand back change is big bills first. He gets all flustered changing my money this way and that and then counts back the ten dollar bills first. he then gets confused because he gives me 9 ten dollar bills. He then loses count counting back the 20 dollar denominations as he tries to count to $170. Sigh. So I get my receipt and money and head out apologizing to the lady still waiting at the entrance because I can tell like any normal person she wants to wrap things up and go home. I then notice as I'm walking back to my car that dimwit didn't write down my account balances. That, or he had me sign the receipt and kept it for the bank if he did. What a goon. And I am concerned because this guy has demonstrated that he is not to be trusted because he's a screw up. I am a little old school in that it's easier for me to physically have money on hand and labelled for certain things via post-it notes to keep my budget in order. Now I am seriously considering going all electronic just to avoid idiot boy at the credit union. That or drive an extra 10 minutes (20 round trip) to another branch so that I don't have to deal with this guy. It's been two or three months this guy has worked there and he STILL sucks!


SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!!!!


SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!!!


My brother rented The Hills Have Eyes last night after learning season 5 of the Sopranos had been rented out. So I decide to watch it with him. I liked most of the intro but once the antagonists were introduced the movie turned into a joke. I really enjoyed the concept of the movie. People told to leave the Neveda nuclear testing sight during the 1940's didn't and lived in their mines getting all screwed up on radiation. But this movie had all the tired Hollywood cliches and it was just like 'c'mon, can we have some creativity here?' I actually found it to be yet another movie where I wanted the victims to die. This is becoming a disturbing trend for me in a lot of thriller sci-fi movies lately. The protagonists are really assinine and pretty much deserve to die. One scene had a 16 year policeman/detective doing the tried and true shooting in to the darkness at nothing in the middle of the desert because he's scared. No target in sight or nothing - just, there's a noise from somwhere around me so I must shoot. And a similar episode happened later in the movie.

The movie did have one or two scenes that I thought were fairly creepy and good and I liked the dogs in the movie because they acted more intelligently than the humans.

I'm a little torn this morning. I plan to see Monster House around noon but another movie I really want to see just opened this weekend and is also showing at noon. Descent looks way creepy and cool. But I will stick with Monster House because it's been out for a couple of weeks already and I could totally miss it if I don't go today. I've resigned that I'll catch My Super Ex-girlfriend on DVD because it's already down to just one local theater and that theater only shows it twice a day both showings at night. I guess it sorta bombed.

Zoom looks like another movie I'll want to see. My brother wants to see Descent so I may splurge a little and see during the week. It'll cost something like $2.50 to $3 more than if I see it on a Sunday. I'm cheap. I only give myself about $20 spending/splugre money a week so $3 is a decent chunk.

I also need to reaapropriate my budget a bit. What I was going to save for new house blinds and safety shoes for work becomes birthday present money for my nephew and some money for a friend to eat out once he recovers from his kidney transplant this past weekend.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home