Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hell week over and FIRED!

Phew! 66 hours in 7 days. I write this before going to bed slightly and then getting up around 5pm.

Various things that happened over the past several days:

Saw a gorgeous lady entering the pizza shop next to the comic store I worked at on Friday. I was receiving my order when her and a group of people entered. I think they may have been her fa,ily or something. She almost had one of the looks that say "I've been recognized" but I didn't know her. She looked like a super-model. When a lady makes a pair of jeans, sneakers and a (tight) t-shirt look good you know she's good looking. Long curly red hair and was push'in 6 foot tall. YUM! And she caught me looking back at her when I was outside heading back to the comic shop. Oh well.

Working 6 hours at the comic shop wasn't too bad but it sucked in that it was a commitment and it gobbled up my free time. But my friends were in a slight jam so I helped out.

Got my friend pretty good this morning at work. He's a sick bastard and came over to a group of us with one of those long, wooden cotton swabs - the kind that are around twelve inches long. He announces loudly that 'they' are doing random climitia (spelling?) checks. So I grab the swab, push it down inside my underwear by my groin and pull it back out. I then threaten to rub it on my buddy's arm to which he scampers away with a 'uuuuggggh!'. But I chase him down and rub it on his forearm to which he screams in disgust. LOL! It got a good laugh from the crowd of guys.

Got my book titled Ghost Tracks. Again, it's about my parents' friends The Warrens. They are paranormal investigators. I've read about 18 pages out of 300+. So far, it's mostly what I know already.

On a very sad note, Mr. Warren died just a few days ago. He was in poor health after a coma several years ago so it's not unexpected but still sad. In a way, he was sort of a mentor to me in that I have read most of their books and learned a lot from his writings. I had only met him two or three times but he had a fairly big impact on my life when it comes to paranormal stuff. I shall miss him.

The draft to the fantasy football league I keep winning happened the other day. I had to throw myslf on the mercy of my friends in order to get most of the team I wanted. I needed to sleep during the draft so one of my friends got what players for me that he could from my list. I am satisfied with the job he did. Soon, I'll be playing to win the championship for the third year in a row. I think my friends are getting sick of me saying 'dynasty, dynasty,dynasty!' LOL!

We have another draft for a second league this Thursday. I have to work that night so I'll miss that one too. :( Drafting is second only to winning the whole league in what I like to do.

I'm back up to 2nd place in my fantasy baseball league. I THINK/hope that this is our last week and then the play-off's start. If I can stay in second place I believe I get a 'bye' meaning I skip the first week of play-off's and let the lesser teams duke it out for survival. My goal for this league was to finish with a trophy - 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. So far, I'm in a pretty good position to achieve that.

And finally, since I can't remember anything else. My brother got fired from his job. This is the brother I bought the house from, not the one that lives with me. The fired brother has been looking for a new job that uses his heating and air conditioning schooling. He's in what seems like the final round of candidates for what could be a really good job. I think the place would start him at $4 or $5 more an hour than he is currently making. Well, he thinks his (then) current employer got wind of this because they called him up and told him not to report to work anymore. When my brother asked why they said something to the effect of that he couldn't do for them what he said he could - as in his training and such. My brother shrugged it off and didn't care. He was already sick of digging ditches for them and doing stuff that didn't use his schooling.

So that's all I can really remember for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Mr. Warren's death. Yeah, when someone passes away, even after a long illness, it's still sad.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home