Monday, August 21, 2006

Small rant

I'm getting real sick of people saying "I don't have the time'. I usually get really upset over this because most people that do have the time - single people - are usually the ones that usually say this.

The truth is that for these people, whatever activity they say "I don't have the time" for really means the activity is not important enough to them to make time for. There are some people that are busy to the extreme and all cases are individual but I really don't understand why people can't just say "It's not important enough to me".

I can't recall my old TRU manager saying he didn't have the time to exercise but it became a sudden must after he had a heart attack and heart surgery. He lost something like over 100 pounds. I remember talking to him about this and he said 'it's either do it or die' with a big smile and laugh in his voice. So whether he had the time or not before, he certainly makes time for it now.

I guess "I don't have the time' is just an easy out for people that really don't want to deal with or be invloved with certain situations. I have no problem with this but just don't essentially lie to me by saying 'I don't have the time'.

BTW - this is directed at no one in particular, just happened to see someone on a forum or something and say 'I don't have the time...'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home