Tuesday, August 22, 2006

no title

Tried to post this earlier today but had internet problems. Them seem to be solved - for now.

I've known this for some time but I'm really not an outdoor person. It's pretty nice out, sunny, a little about 80 degrees, a small smattering of clouds to make the sky interesting. And here I am and have been the whole day - inside. And on my computer other than some minor chores.
I will say that the sky and trees are about the only blue/green color combo that work for me. I find the green/blue combo usually fairly hideous on almost anything else.

Found out last night my internet was on the fritz. I didn't bother with it til this morning because it was late last night. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with a tech to get the situation fixed. Some sort of security issue like my ISP wouldn't work or something. But he got it going and I'm happy now.

Bought a book off Amazon today. I found it at another also but when everything was said and done, the total prices were about 50 cents apart so I went with Amazon. I had never heard of the other place.

The book is Ghost Tracks. It follows/updates previous investigation by the Warrens. They are ghost hunters/investigators. They've been friends of my parents for over 30 years and I've met them a couple of times. I liked them very much. Their organization is NESPR - The New England Society for Paranormal Research or something like that. NESPEr.net I think it is. I'm looking forward to their book. I've been meaning to order it when I first noticed it a couple of months ago and finally set aside money to do so.

Sara updated her blog again. It's a fun story she tells.
http://sarasdarkness.blogspot.com/

Ugh, not looking forward to the next 5 days or so: Tuesday (tonight) work 7pm tp 7am, Wednesday work 7pm to 7am, sleep most of Thursday during the day but have the night open, Friday work at my friends' comic store from 10am to sometime in the afternoon 'til around 4pm to 6pm, Saturday work 7pm to 7am, Sunday work 7pm to 7am, and Monday work 7pm to 7am. Collapse and almost die on Tuesday. LOL!

So pretty much, I haven't gotten jack diddly done on the comic lately because of a similar schedule. I did redo the digital files so that the book will have issue 1 and 2 and also the combined story in one 48 page monster. It's got to do with having more product out there for the trademark as opposed to anything else.

Man, the Red Sox suck right now. Sweep by arch rivals the Yankees during a hugely importantly 5 games series at home. With something like 40 games left to play, it's going to be real tough to make the play-off's now.

Played Magic the Gathering with some friends last night. I play silly decks. I like to make the table groan & complain with the cards I play. Winning is secondardy. Although I did win twice out of 5 games or so. We still have fun with the game and it's nice to use my cards again. Back in the heyday of Magic about 8 years ago I invested hundreds of dollars in the game. It feels good to use them again. But because I don't have a lot of newer cards I am sometimes at a disadvantage.

Looks like getting a Bengal cat is a no go for me. But then again, maybe not. The local lady is essentially getting rid of her current breeding cats and already placed the cat I really wanted. Her kittens are out of my price range at $800 or so a pop. I might go as high as $150 but that's it. The lady asked if I wanted two of her other cats but while I liked them overall, I didn't like them enough to take one.

So I mention this to fellow poster at a comic book forum. She got me interested in Bengal cats because of the pictures of her cat she posted. Yeah, I know, I've could've gone the gutter route here but I'll use the word cat instead of the other word. So! I've never met or seen this girl but had gotten in discussions with her about Bengals and sought some advice from her. Now she mentions that she might be talked into almost giving me a Bengal if her cat is pregnant. I would have to cover the costs of shipping and fixing the cat. I must admit though, shipping an animal seems so cruel. I can't help but think of a small, helpless kitten scared out of it's mind crying to get out of it's box/cage wanting to be with it's family. Guess I have a soft spot for cats.

So nothing really exciting to say today. Just the mundane stuff that gives me some joy and what'll make these 'the good 'ole days' in the future. I can live with that. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey silly-butt. :-P Of course it wasn't you. It was my Evil Sister. She said to me yesterday, "I got the boys signed up for after-school care, but they don't provide care on in-service teacher days." Then she waited for me to say, "I'll watch the boys." I HATE that. That's like someone saying, "I need a ride to the dentist," and then waiting for you to simply volunteer your services, rather than asking straight out.

Oh, what I said to her was, "Then I guess you had better call around and see what you can find for those days."

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home