Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sleepy things

Lots o' little things. Don't feel much like writing as I'm sleepy from days of work.

I thought my co-worker might have stunk last night. In the end, I think it was her gum. It was a tangy flavor and to me, gave off a sort of pee scent. So I got her all paranoid by asking her 'is that you?' and sniffing in her direction. So it was a running gag all night. Doesn't help she's really cool and kinda cute. But alas, she's married with 2 kids. Oh, well. We get along well though and flirt here and there.

I'm out of my first football league - the Suicide League. It's the only money league I joined. $25. Pick a team - a new one every week, can't repeat a pick - win you continue on, lose you're out. My first pick bombed big time. They lost something like 27 to 10. And my pick scored a garbage touchdown at the end or else it would have been 27 to 3.

I won in the two leagues I care about and lost in the league I joined to help my co-workers out.

Watch Swingblade tonight. I've seen parts of it efore but never uncut. An enjoyable flick. I didn't realize Billbob Thorton wrote the screenplay, directed and starred in it. I thought he just starred in it.

I did a couple of sketches at work that I may use for my comic. So why does my comic take so long? Well, I work 12 hour shifts working either Monday, Thursday/Friday or I work Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday. When I work Sat/Sun I always work Monday too so it's 3 days in a row. Leaves me fairly beat the next day - as in Tuesday, today. So that kinda leaves only Wednesday as a full day off and a day I do my tasks where I have to drive around. Doesn't leave much time to work on my comic. Then, I'm doing everything. I'm writing it (most of it) drawing, inking, scanning, adjusting the pictures in Photoshop, laying out the comic page by page in Pagemaker, saving and proof reading the files and preparing them to be 'print ready'. Whew! So all that takes a fair amount of time.

I believe this next paycheck should take care of all my monthly bills. That should leave the paycheck I'm earning this week all for me. Should be around $250 to $300 for me. Depends which check gets nailed by union dues.

I think I'm going to buy a new monitor for my computer. Last year, a nearby lightning strike fried most of my computer. My monitor has a habit of flickering in the upper right hand corner. It's subtle but very annoying. It's kind of bugging out my eyes right now. Seems to come and go. So I expect to use my money to get a decent flatscreen. It's something I've wanted for quite some time.

I might be helping my buddy at the comic shop tomorrow morning. Another friend has pretty much said with little to no warning that he can no longer help out on Wednesday morning. Wednesday is the biggest day of the week because that's when new comics arrive. If I wake up early enough I may hustle down to the store to 'pull sub's'. I actually enjoy the work but it's the timing that usually sucks. The obligation became too much also. It was only once every other week but it also falls on th only day I have off that week. It became more of an obligation rather than an enjoyment. This time it's only some spot fill-in's and usually by choice.

Had an erotic dream. I was up at my parent's house and the housing was slightly altered. The 'barn' was a lot larger with a basement and upper floor. There was a black girl there, light skinned with a frizzy bob haircut. She was quite cute. For whatever reason, she was wearing a lab coat and black knee high boots. I'm sure she had on other clothes but I couldn't see them. So we get into some heavy petting and I sense this girl is kind of a 'bad girl'. So I decide to talk dirty to set the mood. The first words out of my mouth are 'you're a great skank 'ho.' Whua?!?!?! I'm immediately shoved away from the girl and I spend the rest of the dream feeling really bad and trying to get back into her good graces to no avail. Can't say I blame her.

Meh. Can't think of much else to say. And the screen's bugging out my tired eyes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you say my dreams are weird??????????????????????????

5:50 AM  
Blogger XSaraXPoeX said...

Jim; "Hey, Sara, I'm blogging again regularly."

Me; "Really? Cool, I'll start reading when I get the chance to get online."

Jim; "Cool. I thought you'd want to know."

Me; "Of course. Why, if you DIDN'T tell me I'd probably be upset about it."

Jim; "Glad I told you then."

Me; "Me, too."

~Sara being Sarcastic<3

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home