Tuesday, September 19, 2006

new monitor has arrived

Got my new flat screen today and hooked it up. I haven't played with the settings yet but right now it's pretty nice. It gives my desktop some more room in some ways and less in another. Because it's a flat screen I can't fit anything on top of it. So my lame digi-camera or whatever you call it has to find a new home.

The picutre's quite sharp and it's bigger than my CRT monitor. Type is a wee bit fuzz easily readable and I might be able to fix it after reading the 'read me' section.

Overall it's somewhat overwhelming compared to my old monitor. The new screen is 19" but seems impressively large than my old 17". The colors and screen are nice and bright. I shall have to look up and see what's better, my direct digital link of the RGB cord. I think the direct digital is suppose to be the better of the two. Right now both are hooked up so I don't know which has priority.

Guess I missed my meeting with the twon planners for my 'Doing Business As'. I've been wondering what's up and I got a call today about it saying I missed my scheduled meeting. So I went down to the lady because they put an ad in the paper announcing things and I owed them $31 for it. Because there was a gaff I don't think I get that money back. And I have to have it run for like two weeks. So I may have cost myself $31 for nothing. I guess the sceduling lady was on vacation last week. I can't recall anything to my knowledge of having a new date set so I was pretty mystified when she called me today to explain that I had missed my appointment.

In a slightly bizarre moment, I saw the same lady at the post office about an hour later.

I was at the post office because I sent out the phyiscal copies of the comic to International Enterprise today. This will allow them to send copies out to publishers across the world to see if they will buy the rights to publish the book overseas.

I also geeked out and bought a ful sheet of the DC Super-hero stamps. They look pretty nice. They are already in a drawer never to be used and only kept as a collectable.

In another bizarre moment, while driving to and back from the town hall I think I passed a dump truck at the exact same intersection. In the Bizarro world of things he was heading west originally and then east the second time we met. I was doing the opposite.

As I was walking out the door to go to the post office UPS stopped to deliever the monitor. Would've sucked had I missed it.

I swiped a photo from Sara's blog to use as the setting for Rochester Academy of The Necropolis Chronicles. The photo is of Quincy University and it pretty much looks like I had envisioned the academy. It is possible I had seen the photo before and sort of unconsciously remembered it for the academy. But on a similar note the academy was always based on the factory I used to work at in Holyoke, MA.

Wow, this monitor is BRIGHT! I am impressed. :)

Oh yeah, both my teams are undefeated in my fantasy football leagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home