Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lay-off's

Yep, I thought my job was secure for 2 to 5 years but the room I work in just laid off 16 workers. They let go 4 people from each of the 4 crews. It really rather sucks. I wasn't one of the 16 but still...

Work's shutting down this weekend. Not totally unexpected actually. This did this the last Monday holiday too. What does suck is that my paycheck will fall from 48 hours to 24. It's a big loss of money. What it means for me is that I lose 'my check' this month. With the way I do my budgetting, ever fourth check is pretty much mine to spend as I please. Weeks 1 & 2 pay my mortgage, week 3 pays my monthly bills and week 4 is mine. Well, this 24 hour check falls on my 'monthly bills' check - week 3. So now week 4 will have to help pay the monthly bills. Kinda sucks. I was planning on saving money towards a sci-fi cons in case my buddies and I decide to go.

Had weird dreams yesterday. I can only remember parts of two different dreams. One I walked into a room that was in my parents' house. The whole family was living together again and I walked into my room (a house totally different from my parents' real house). And there was a ghost in my room. It was a little scary but didn't mean harm even though it tried to possess me. It was the spirit of a girl - maybe 12 or 13 I think - from the 1800's in America.

The other dream I was living on the west coast in California I think in San Franciso. In the house I was renting I could see the ocean from my window and it was maybe a ten minute or so walk to it. My friend Bob was investigating ghostly activity in the house and was interviewing me about it. It might have been another ghost of a young girl.

Writing a bit of an adult story using my super-hero characters. It's a lot of fun and hopefully funny. Deinately NOT for kids.

Sneaked in some inking at work on pictures for the companion issue of The Necropolis Chronicles. It was real boring inking stuff - straight lines and backgrounds and 'filling blacks' (shadows and spot blacks). I much prefer inking characters because they are much more exciting.

Can't really think of much else to write right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading your blog and I thought, "There's a holiday on Monday?" Yup. Duh. Columbus Day.

It's not really observed down here, but Good Friday is. Religious nuts.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home