Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday morning musings

Saturday was fairly action packed.

I woke up early which kind of pissed me off since I wanted to sleep at least until 9am. Made/finished two Magic decks from the night before. After checking out some stuff on-line my buddy called and we went to the comic store to hang out. Two other guys ended up showing up which was good because I hadn’t seen one for a couple of months.

I got into a real good game with Angry Black Man. I ended up losing but the fight was a real close contest throughout the game.

Grabbed chow at Friendly’s afterwards. I had a burger with fries and a milkshake. The shake was a little watery unfortunately. But the chow was pretty good and I couldn’t finish the fries. I happened to have had a coupon with me to save $5 on a $25 purchase or more. I had ordered extra bacon on my burger which cost 60 cents. Between my buddy and I the bill came up to $25.15. LOL! So I got to use my coupon. I thought we’d ring in at $18 or $19.

Went grocery shopping after that and ran into a old co-worker there that I hadn’t seen in a year I think. He looked a little worse for wear which was slight depressing. I think he was okay though.

After getting home from that I caught my Magic buddy on-line. My brother said he had called to play Magic. After some brief IM’s I went over wanting to try out the new decks I had made. I really hadn’t expected him to call and figured my decks would have to wait until next Monday night following Columbus Day. Snuck in part of a game before a crew of three showed up and that made for six players. My buddy and his dad were groaning like hell over that first half game and it was great. I was really putting them through the ringer by screwing with land and crushing them with black vices. That’s Magic talk.

The first big game I played in was okay. I was the first one eliminated but played for a full hour busting people’s chops with crazy cards that drive people nuts. I don’t think my deck delivered a single point of damage but people were quite happy to see me booted. The resident ‘expert’ was eliminated soon after me and he wasn’t happy. He kept telling the guy that eliminated that he had made the wrong decision because of this and that and that and this. The expert had lost and he couldn’t accept it.

So the expert and I had a fun little crazy game after that. Then we found out that the clock on the wall wasn’t working and that it was 40 minutes later than what the clock read. So I bolted because it was pushing midnight and I had been awake since 6:15 am I think it was.

There was a quick e-mail check to find out that SOMEBODY hadn’t responded to my e-mail yet. ; P And STILL hasn’t. Actually, out of about 5 people I’ve e-mailed over the past couple of days, only one has responded. So much for the ‘hi, how are you…’ e-mail. And two are business related. Sheesh!

With football on today and my oldest brother at the parentals for his birthday dinner tonight it doesn’t look like I’ll get much done today. I was surprised I sleep until 10:20 am and never heard my brother and nephew rise, eat and leave. I must have been tired. Still feel a little sluggish but that’s probably because after a shower I’m on my PC.

Had a weird dream this morning. I think it took a bunch of the stuff I saw yesterday and sort of rolled it into a dream. I was in New York for some reason, something like Albany. There was a baseball stadium that was inside a mall or something. I was lobbing balls from outside the field markers to just inside the outfield warning track perfecting clearing the wall by an inch every time but once. I think I was pretending to be a ‘closer’ pitcher.

Then I was wandering around a sort of clothing outlet that was filled with people from the baseball area. The outlet had rows and rows of really tall racks and racks of clothing and sneakers. Kind of a pick through and grab type scene. This old lady wanted my autograph and I said I couldn’t help her and went to the ‘bullpen’ to where I had scene other pitchers warming up/practice pitching in case they had to pitch. But where I went was in between some clothing racks and I started pitching. I then pulled the racks close together pretty much sealing me off from others because I didn’t want to pitch, just get away from the autograph seekers.

I then slipped through some other racks into a somewhat quiet corner of the store. There was this young lady there that was about 6 and ½ feet tall but only average looking. I saw a girl at the supermarket earlier in the night that was really tall. Sort of reminded me of her. Dream lady was dressed in a sleek fur coat and glossy boots and was selling shoes or something. She called to me and started griping about her sore feet. She then took off her flat heeled boots and put on some really high heeled pumps making her look like 6’8 or taller.

She was only average looking (what kind of dream girl is that?! Lol!) but was flirting with me. I decided that I didn’t really want to drive back home to MA after everything that had happened and got a room at a local joint. The place was apparently owned by some cousins of mine. It was like a three story factory or old apartment building with lots of farm land around it and was quite the shithole. Grimey windows, the room was almost a small apartment and the kitchen looked like it was from he 1930’s. The walls had graffiti on them. There were two ‘baby’ toys on the wall – silver and gold Star Wars ships – a TIE fighter and an X-Wing.

There was a woman or maybe two there. One was another patron in her own room. I walked around the third floor after getting up. The place seemed to have a lot of halls or walkways and not much for rooms. I think there were only two or three rooms on the third floor and I wondered how the place stayed open. The halls/walkways had huge single planed windows and the place felt like it was built in the 1930’s or earlier.

I woke up somewhere around here because I can’t remember much else.

The Yankees lost! LOL! I’m rooting for Oakland since the Red Sox are out of it.

I like Wendy’s new profile pic on her blog.

It’s noon and I haven’t eaten yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man... Yeah, I'm going to write. I haven't responded to email because I spent yesterday bitching about being horny and then playing D&D and then, well... Anyway.

Stuff to do, as always. Now I'm writing up a new campaign to DM when the current one is done (there are only 2 of us swapping DM duties right now).

But I AM writing for you! I have all the notes and parts 1 - 5, so I will give you what you asked for last week. SOON.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home