Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tired & Sore

Picked up my last paycheck today. My badge has been cancelled and wouldn't let me into my former work room. It was disappointing. Luckily, another worker was in the break room and let me in. Nothing new for news on going back to work.

I then spent roughly six hours at my parents. Most of that was moving and splitting wood. The pieces were pretty large and some were so heavy - I'm thinking 250 pounds at least - I couldn't move them in the soft grass. Considering I use to move 1000+ pound skids of play sand back in my TRU days, I'm not too terrible at judging weights.

Still, it was a good work day and I am both sore and quite tired. Most of the wood is split, probably 80% I'd say. A couple of pieces could be split but others are just too large. Soon comes the moving and stacking of the wood. It should be about 3 cords, maybe as much as 5 chords.

That's about it. Got home, watched BBC news, NBC nightly news, played Call of Duty 2 until 8pm and then watched Ugly Betty with some channel flips to other shows and then Supernatural. And just saw a great catch in the outfield in the Mets/Cardinals game that took away a homerun and doubled a guy off first base for an inning ending double play.

Tired.

Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home