Friday, October 27, 2006

Crazy dreams

Had all sorts of dreams this monring. Had another crazy dream within a dream. I dreamt I was at an airport or something and that I woke up from that dream. I woke in my old bed in my old room at my parents place. After a while, I woke up from that dream to find I was in my own bed at my own house. That was somewhat surprising because while dreaming I was at my parents place it felt so real like I wasn't dreaming.

Can't remember where I was going when at the airport. I know I was at Bradley in CT. I was pissed because I got there early from wherever I was but had to wait something like 4 hours for my luggage. I live about 45 minutes from Bradley.

Elodie was there. She let me use her poems for The Necropolis Chronicles. She seemed rather happy and bouncy. Last time I heard from her she was basically foregoing the internet because of something serious and I don't know if I'll ever hear from her again.

Other dreams parts of dreams had me in Toys R Us. Some lady there had to do the work of her children. The children, two boys i think, 13 and young were either workers there or had to work there because of some problem. They may have broken something and had to pay it off. This lady, a women in her 30's was doing the work because the boys weren't. She was on a ladder and everything. It was sort of funny because she was wearing a fall coat and jeans an maybe a scarf and loading shelves with toys.

I was there with someone and they or we had to manuver some toys around. Not sure why. Then it turned into rural streets around my home town and we or someone had to add wiring to the phone lines to reach my parents house. Turns out my family owned a shit load of land but it was all weird. It was like thin strips of land along the sides of roads as if just enough land to own the telephone poles.

There was a whole lot more stuff but I've since forgotten it.

Got a little annoyed with my dad yesterday. I went to my parents place to move a bunch of wood - the split wood over the last few blogs. This is actually simple work, a truckload takes 20 minutes and we probably have to do about 8 truckloads. I just about had to twist my dad's arm to do two loads and then he quit. While I could do it myself it's his truck and he pretty much doesn't allow anyone else to drive his truck. It's like a major conflict if someone does. And actually, it's one of my brothers' truck it just that that brother has two other vehicles and lets my dad use the truck. What adds to the annoyance is my dad exclaiming that he wants to get the wood off our neighbor's land. It is on our neighbor's but that neighbor's house is literally 5 acres away with woods in between and he can't even see the wood from his own house. So it's real annoying to hear 'we've got to get this wood moved' and then I show up and we don't move it. Out of 2 hours spent at my parents yesterday, 30 minutes of work was done. All th other time was spent waiting around for my father to actually do the wood. Sigh.

I almost have the front cover to The Necropolis Chronicles companion issue fully inked. I have to do about 30 minutes more inking and it's all set. Mostly it's 'filling blacks', and some loooooong cross-hatching. And I think it looks pretty good to boot!

One of the things my father HAD to do while I was at the house was return bottles and get his lottery tickets. So I gave him a dollar to get me a ticket. I didn't get a single number out of last night's drawing.

Time to go. I'm off to my parents' place again to try and get a lot of wood moved so it can be stacked on our land. We'll see what happens today. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home