Sunday, October 22, 2006

a story of tragedy

Blog 10/22/06

Ugh, both my fantasy football teams should end up taking loses again. This is the third week I’ll be losing in both leagues at the same time. In Bob’s league I have a solid team. Just turns out I could only lose to two people this week and I played one of those two people. I outscored 7 other teams. There’s a tiny chance my team might win in Dwain’s league but it’s highly unlikely. Pretty much one guy needs to score 3 touch downs. Doable, but highly unlikely to happen.

In Bob’s league, everyone is really bunched up with similar win-loss records. If I make the play-off’s I can win the whole thing because my team has been the best scoring team since week one. In Dwain’s league my offense sucks so bad that my team doesn’t break 100 points. That’s an average weekly score for most of the other teams. That team is about to go 2 wins and 5 loses. It’s frustrating because that’s the league that I’ve won for two years straight. It’s also frustrating because I missed the draft and I have guys on my team that I would most likely never have drafted but now I’m kinda stuck with them. Some I really am stuck with because you cannot get rid of them.

Met a new guy at the comic store that plays ‘clix. He was moderately annoying at times. Oompaloompa hates the guy and kinda treats him like shit. The has a 40+ minute ride to Springfield so I don’t expect to see him much. Plus Angry Black Man was really going all out with his trash talk. No if you know Fred, he’s a decent guy. If you don’t know Fred, he’s like 6’3 or taller and pretty beefy – like big gut and ass. When the chips are down though, he’s got your back. He’s also a fireman so that’s gotta count for something.

We both beat the new guy. Fred wiped him out. My team was weaker and it took me forever to finish him but I did pretty much thump him. I lost to Fred. This is fairly usual but he has some cards that I don’t that give him a decent edge. I could go out and buy the same cards but it’s more fun to beat the challenge of not having them. But I usually fail to beat that challenge. LOL!

The Patriots are 5-1 and have beaten their division rivals in every game so far. Because of this, they are pretty much locked to win the division and make it to the play-off’s.

Not a whole lot going on overall. Nothing really exciting for news. Money will be quite tight with unemployment. Maybe moreso than I expected. I also got a lot of mail concerning my unemployment. It really sucks reading this stuff because it really makes me feel as if I’m not going back to work at Top Flite. And that would rather suck since it’s the best paying job I’ve ever had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home