Friday, November 03, 2006

BACK TO WORK! :)

Blog 110306


I got called back to work yesterday. Today I went and did all the tuff like reactivating my badge and getting my benefits up and going again. I was quite surprised though. It seems a lot of people aren’t coming back. Maybe not yet for some and definitely not for others. It also seems that my supervisor was able to pick and choose who he wanted back. Or it seems that way. A couple of people have seniority over me (because they walked into a room before me) but I’m getting called back before them. I think that’s because a number of us were still in our 6 month union probation period. A number of people that I know are also coming to my shift. These are day crew guys that don’t have the seniority to get back on days but still have a job. Of the people I saw today, one was on my mirror crew – worked the exact opposite of my shift and two people from days. So when I go back to work on Monday night there will be some new faces.

I feel bad for the people that haven’t come back yet. And some people took other jobs within the plant so they might not be back to the RIM room. I don’t love my job but I really enjoy the money. One of my friends was really stupid. For whatever reason, he brought in an arrow hidden under the sleeve of his shirt. He’s a hunter and apparently killed a deer with it. I guess he was going to show people the arrow. Well, his badge didn’t work so he used the arrow to try and pick the lock to the room. And he was caught on camera. So he won’t be back. But talk about stupid!

So I guess having a good attitude, having perfect attendance, and being reasonably and doing my job properly has counted for something. And that’s good news.

My mom should be out of surgery as I write this. She went in for a routine type operation. The schedule is to have her get out tomorrow. I’m waiting for my dad to call with news on the subject. I’m trying not to worry and I don’t think about it much. Unfortunately, someone has to be that statistic to make the operation not 100% survival rate. If something has/does go wrong and the worst happens, I will be devastated. There’s a wonderful sense of security at having a loving mother.

Bought a new humidifier for my bedroom. This one boils the water because I didn’t want to deal with filters. I can’t find replacement filters for the humidifier I bought just last November so that’s really annoying. I finally found some I can buy through the mail if I have to. I may just have to do that.

I did find out that the boiling water humidifier is somewhat noisy. It sounds like after a rain storm where drops of water from trees hit the rooftop. Not a constant splatter but a fairly often loud drop hitting the rooftop. I’m trying to get use to it and use it as a soothing sound. It didn’t wake me up but it’s hard not to notice it when going to sleep or waking up.

Started up on this 3-D instant messenger called IMVU. Basically, it’s like having an IM in cartoon format. You have an avatar and a setting like a small room of a coffee shop or something. You have goofy interactions with other avatars and can do stuff like bodyslam them or kiss them. There are plenty of things to buy for your avatar also like clothes, different appearances, and even weapons and pets. It kind of neat for now because the gloss is still there. But it can cost money for the unrestricted access or to outright buy your screen name which you lose in case you quit if you don’t own it. I have two avatars, one male, one female. The female one is Jaina and used to promote the comic. I do this by seeing about joining role-playing games where I try to get people interested in the comic by subtlety spamming them. I keep it clean and make sure to tell people straight up that when I use my Jaina avatar that I’m a dude. One of my characters in Star Wars Galaxy was a female avatar and other players constantly hit on the character looking for cyber sex. Then the guy would get all upset when I would say “I’m a dude”. They would get all embarrassed and make it all MY fault that they were looking for sex from a computer game. Thankfully, Call of Duty 2 on-line is all about killing your opponent and I don’t have to put up with that. It really is amazing how many people try hooking up with other people through their avatars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home