Sunday, December 10, 2006

Birthday!

Blog 121006

Feeling a little crappy today. I haven’t been sleeping much lately and then waking up with a headache. I’ve been waking up at 6:30am almost every day because I’m hearing my brother’s alarm going off through the floor. Usually I can get back to sleep on a work day but on my days off I couldn’t. Today I woke up after only 4 hours of sleep and couldn’t get back to sleep. I’ll try grabbing a nap after writing this as it is now 11:22am. It didn’t help on Friday that USP dropped off a delivery that I had to sign for in the middle of my ‘night’ – 12:30pm in the afternoon. That disrupted my sleeping too.

I got the printed copies of The Necropolis Chronicles Companion Guidebook on Friday. That was the UPS delivery. I dropped the box on my coffee table and went back to bed. LOL!

I think the book looks pretty darn good. I did find three errors on my part. I’m kind of pissed with myself because I thought I had found all the errors. Because my printer is on the fritz I couldn’t print out the pages like I usually do and that’s why the mistakes sneaked by.

The printer mis-cut the books slightly. There’s a teeny bit of white paper where the books were suppose to bleed off the page. I was specifically looking for errors in the book though and only noticed it then. Still, I like Ka-Blam Print On Demnad.

So the Companion Guidebook is Jaina in her purest form. Everything is by me except for some poetry by my friends. It’s a sketch book/character encyclopedia for The Necropolis Chronicles.

I’ve been working on issue 3 a bit lately. Work has been sidelined over yesterday and will be for the weekend and Monday. This is because it was my birthday on Friday and I had to work. On Saturday I tried to sleep but gave up and then spent longer with my friends than I expected and then did some Christmas shopping. Today I feel subdued, it’s football Sunday and I’ll be heading to my parents before long to celebrate my birthday with my family.

Monday is more Christmas shopping and food shopping and Monday night Magic the Gathering. I bought some new cards after my friend at the comic store slashed the prices in half. I think he just wants to get rid of them. The cards have been sitting on the shelf for quite awhile now – months at least.

My Christmas shopping is about half done. Most of the easy stuff is out of the way. I bought a bunch of gift certificates. This is because people are asking for clothes. I suck at buying clothes. I’ll wrap the certificates in a clothing like box though. I usually try to give a decent effort to disguise the presents I give out. I get somewhat weird looks from family members when they unwrap a gift to see it’s a computer printer box that weighs nothing because there’s really a gift card inside.

I met my brother’s girlfriend last night for the first time. I guess she called him back after they had broken up. She wasn’t what I expected physically. Usually my brother dates cute women and she’s only average. But she seemed fairly nice and normal in the five minutes she was around.

My co-worker got a good jolly the other night. I was showing off the new comic and had it at our little pod like area. She consulted with our third member and the two of them agreed that Jaina looks like me. She then clarified that’s how I’d look as a girl. So I had to put up with this for the rest of the night of her giggling like a 10 year old. After further investigation, I only ‘look like Jaina’ on the first page. I can sort of see why. I was trying for a slightly up shot so Jaina’s chin is rounded and somewhat wide. I also drew her lips very thin in the picture as if she was sort of sucking them in. So she looks slightly asexual in the face instead of totally girly. After further conferring we all agreed this was the case. Of course, it didn’t change my co-worker from giggling and calling me Jaina or J.J. for Jaina-Jim or whatever.

Meanwhile, the other girl was asking me all sorts of dating questions and trying to figure me out and see if I would go out with her friend. I told her the truth: I don’t like dishonesty nor bullshit from people and I have problem getting past physical fatness and I’m also extremely critical. I also have some trouble with relationships and trust because of what I saw happen to my brother and his marriage.

It also probably seemed like I hate women on some level because I was bitching about my friends’ wives and girlfriends. I made sure to point out that most of the girls seemed to be picked by my friends because they put out. But I was critical in that one wife couldn’t stand the fact that her husband (then boyfriend) would spend one night a week geeking out with the guys to Dungeons and Dragons and she made sure to call three times or more (once even 5 fucking times!) a night to check on him. Another was a stripper fighting a drug problem with meth. Another was a stripper that had spent time in a mental institution and had given her kids to her sister to raise. Another was a girl that always seemed whacked out on prescription drugs as if she was always in a fog. However, I did make sure to point out that there were two pretty good women in the mix that no longer date my friends – and I probably can’t blame them. LOL!

My two week shutdown at my work is official. It’s Dec 20 to Jan 4th. I guess I do get paid for the three holiday days in there and I can claim unemployment. Still, I’m losing money in the deal because I won’t have a 48 hour week in there. That usually means I literally bring home $300 less take home pay for that week through unemployment.

I’m looking forward to supper at my parents’ tonight. My mom makes whatever the birthday person wants. I chose something simple overall since she’s still recovering from her surgery and need s a walker to get around. I asked for hamburgers and homemade French fries. I don’t eat hamburgers a whole lot and I LOVE my mom’s homemade French fries. My nephew spilled the beans that a cake was bought for me but one always is for whoever’s birthday it is. I usually get a couple of presents to which is cool. One of my friends makes fun of me because I hang out with my family a lot. But I know he does this because on some level he wishes he had the same deal with his parents. He gets along well with his dad but his mom can be tough to love at times through her attitude. I kind of feel bad for him and usually don’t say much to his teasing because he is a bit jealous on a certain level.

Okay, it’s noon. Time to try for a quick nap before football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home