Monday, November 27, 2006

Gah! Asleep until noon!

Blog 11/27/06


Whew, got up at noon today! Ugh!

Had a crazy dream. I can only remember snippets. It seemed like it was really long though. I was at Toys R Us for some reason. Can’t recall if I was working there. I leanred my friend the Angry Black Man aka Fred was really a demon in a human skin! He chose the Angry Black Man routine so he could get away with things. ???? I dunno.

While at TRU, I had to go to this thin, side store room that reminded me of the shelving area. It was totally cluttered with products and extra shelving everywhere. When I would walk by this on thing it would light up like a flash and I would feel almost a shock. I had to walk by it a couple of times and even grabbed demon Angry Black Man to ensure that it really was happening.

Sable from the WWE showed up for some reason at the store. I guess she was there for a personal appearance or something. She was in the breakroom with a bunch of employees hanging around her.

I then remember being at my parents’ house. Family and friends were there including my buddy Rob. Turns out him and I and some other dude that I can’t recall were going on a roadtrip to Texas. Not sure entirely why. Because of other things in the dream it may have been that I bought a house in Texas. It might have been that we were traveling performers or something and our next gig was in Texas.

So we start to take off when Sable shows up walking up the road. She had parked a short distance away in the driveway of a neighbor (the Baroney’s). So now, apparently I, Rob and this third guy (some little dude) were at least part of the WWE. Sable told us our next show was in Texas. So we were all going to Baroney Texas or something. We drove, Sable was flying down.

On the ride down we pitstopped at some place or small town. I think this may have been in Texas already. We pull up to this sort of church that seemed more like a hall or suburban hosting facility. We go in and some guy is in there. I want to say he was getting married but it was like him, some girl, I think his mom, and some older other church goer’s. The other church goers were out of sight. The guy starts in with some shit. I can’t remember what but I know I was pissed off by it. So I threaten the shit out of this guy who was taller than me but slim and skinny like me. I said something to the effect that my two friends and I were going to kick the shit out of him, tell the church goers that he beats his wife, something else, and that he fucked a donkey up the ass. LOL! But it seemed to work and this dude was all scared and didn’t give anybody any more grief.

We left that place and arrived at my new house. It was my standard favorite house. Most likely built around the late 1800’s, kind of a white farm house. But this place was pretty big. Two floors, probably something like 4 or more bedrooms, and the rooms in general were quite large and able to sit like ten people with plenty of space. It needed some work but was a solid house overall.

I found a large room near the road that seemed to be used as sort of a gathering or party room. It almost seemed like an addition that was finished but still put in use. The room suddenly had this giant bowl – essentially the bowl part of a toilet. And it was a toilet. And I had to go. I could feel a need to pee and also deuce. So I decided to deuce. I was a bit worried because there were lots of windows – 3 per wall or so and no curtains and cars were driving by maybe 10 outside the front wall. But I started to deuce anyways. So what happens? Two cars pull in and visitors pour out! LOL! In one car was my parents’ neighbor and his mom (the Jahns) and also my buddy Tom H. and his mom as he was suppose to travel to this place with us. I remember quickly pulling up my drawers and all of us in the party room sharing small talk. I kept asking all of them if they were delivering cocaine as a joke. I don’t recall much else of the dream.

Although my brother lives with me, I’ve barely seen him in days – since Thanksgiving night – 3 days ago. I saw him for maybe 5 to 10 minutes yesterday, that’s been it. I’ve been out of the house a lot and he’s been staying over his new girlfriend’s place pretty much every night. In fact, other than Thanksgiving, I don’t think I’ve seen him for more than an hour in over a week. And like I said, he lives here! LOL!

Played Magic the Gathering at my buddy’s Saturday. The guy that plays tournament style decks wasn’t there and I found it kind of fun because it was like old school for me. Our games literally lasted an hour or more. We all had time to get deep into our decks and play all sorts of stuff instead of being dead in five turns. Tournament decks are built for fast victories and that dude has a ton of the current power cards. Magic is still fun in tournaments but I always like a more relaxed atmosphere where it’s more about fun than just winning. And I think the other three guys felt that way on Saturday. One guy said he liked the oddball stuff I play because it makes you think differently about how to play the game. I was quite happy with that.

Looks like I’m going win both my fantasy football games this week. In Bob’s league I’m 6-5 and have beat the 2nd place 8-3 guy. His team stunk it up pretty bad. Actually, REALLY badly. My kicker scored more points than probably 6 of his guys combined. In Dwain’s league it looked like I was doomed by Tony Romo’s 5 touchdowns on Thanksgiving. But one of my running backs scored 4 touchdowns Sunday night and I’m now up by 35 points which is quite a sum. So I should win barring totally disaster. In Dwain’s league I’m 5-6 and Dwain’s 8-3. I still may have a chance to make the play-off’s in Dwain’s league and try and secure a third straight championship. We’ll see. I face a losing record opponent next week but that doesn’t mean much. I haven’t bothered to check my work league. I don’t really care about that league. Since it’s on ESPN instead of Yahoo where my real leagues are, I always forget about my work league.

Fantasy football between Dwain and I is fun because on Sundays we call each other up bitching and moaning about the day’s events. We always try to outdo one another in the sob story department. It’s really quite laughable but it’s fun. It’s laughable because we are both quite possibly the best at fantasy football among our friends yet the worst always happens to us. LOL!

Saturday was also Heroclix at the comic shop before Magic later that night. It was a fairly big tournament as my old nemesis returned bringing along his buddy and Cain and Abel showed up along with others.

My nemesis is this guy that I swear justifies his life through Heroclix. This guy lives and breathes ‘clix. He keeps tabs of his wins/losses. He has dice that ‘have mojo’ and he actually cried when his girlfriend mixed them up with other identical dice. Well, it turns out that his girlfriend was apparently cheating on him and they broke up after a number of years of going together. This after she use to say she waited for him and all this and that.

So Dwain sets it up that nemesis and I play each other. I ended up losing to him but I think I surprised him by killing off some of his dudes that I don’t think he expected to die. I actually expected to get squashed and wasn’t totally into the game because I was exhausted from staying up past 3 am the previous night but I did alright.

I eeked out a vicoty on points next and then faced Abel. I hadn’t met Abel before. I don’t know what his real name is but he’s this really tall dude with bad skin. His brother literally looks like Kane from the WWE and I think the kid likes it that way. Cain is a big dude like 6’4 or 6’5 and probably pushing 280. He’s bald and wears all black and wore fingerless gloves.

Abel had what I thought was a tough team but my dice got hot and I kicked the shit out of him. After a pick up game between me, Dwain and Elly I headed off to play Magic at TJ’s (see above).

My sleeping has been really bad lately. It’s mostly my own fault. I’ve been getting to sleep on a consistent basis of after 2:30am. And on two or three days I’ve woken up after only 4 hours sleep unable to get back to sleep. So I take a nap here and there to help out. Right now I feel rather drugged up. After the craziness of Sunday football and then two hours of frenzied combat in Call of Duty 2 on-line I couldn’t get to sleep until sometime after 3:15 am this morning. I woke up around 8:20am and said ‘no way, I’m staying in bed’. I guess I needed it as I didn’t wake up again until 11:45am. That’s when I forced myself out of bed.

So here I am at 1:54pm finishing up my blog after writing out some bills and checking some internet sites. The plan for the rest of the day is to get a lot less inking done than planned, clean the bathroom and go for Magic the Gathering at my buddy’s for 7pm to 11:30pm or so.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home