Saturday, December 02, 2006

Blog 120206

Blog 120206


About to start 3 days of work tonight. It’s the usual weekend deal, 36 hours worked in 72 hours from Sat. night thru til Tuesday morning.

Got a much needed haircut. The white man afro was ungainly and too wild. I have more of a professional business cut now.

Bought a present for my nephew but I wasn’t all that excited about it. Then one of my brothers says he’s going to get nephew a $150 or so gift and wants to splt it evenly. Gah! That’s almost double what I’m spending on people that aren’t my parents! I suggested we go in thirds with my nephew’s dad. I then agreed to sell the original present for my nephew to his dad since it seems nephew specifically pointed that out to him. Works well for me and his dad since I grabbed the last one of said item from Toys R Us.

Have my family has yet to give me a list of wanted items though. Makes shopping tougher. My family members do decently in the money making department so without a list for Christmas, it’s a pretty big stab in the dark as to what to get them. And I prefer not to get gift cards if I can help it. For someone like my dad, gift cards really are the best. It’s a bit of a sore spot among us that we bought a big ticket item for him a few years back and it’s never been used once. I think it took a full year just to be removed from the package.

So while I have the money or most of the money I need to take care of Christmas shopping, I’m waiting for lists. I’d rather get people something that they want/are going to use than a gift that I think they might like.

Haven’t been signing on to either AIM or IMVU lately. Mainly it’s because of to reasons. One is that I’ve been playing Call of Duty 2 on-line. I’ve had on-line games just about crash when I get an IM from someone which minimizes the screen as I’m playing without warning.

I’ve also been working on issue 3 of The Necropolis Chronicles. Mainly I inked 3 pages but I’ve also been adding in some backgrounds to other pages that look better now.

Newest rumor at work is a two to three week company shut down starting the week of Christmas. While this is welcomed in some ways – more free time my personal busiest time of the year and can collect unemployment, it costs me a lot of money. An unemployment check is literally half of what I take home on a 48 hour week. Not many people like have $300.00 slashed from their paychecks. I certainly don’t. I was planning on buying new tires for my car and that may have to be put on hold if this rumor comes true. And so far, I think every rumor has come true.

Big week in fantasy football for me. I’m sitting in 5th position in both leagues. I’m facing the same opponent in both leagues. Top 4 teams make the play-off’s and there is only this week and next to go in the regular season of our leagues. I’m hoping not to get caught in ‘trap’ games since my opponent (and friend) has a losing record in both leagues. I hate it when I lose to teams with losing records. My buddy’s teams are both around 4 wins and 8 losses. I’m 6-6 and 7-5.

The power of women. Sigh. So I’m driving home yesterday and passing a Walgreens convenience store and see this lady walking from her car. I nearly broke my neck trying to get a better view. LOL! There wasn’t much to be seen though. She had on a knee length coat colored ivory. Her legs were bare and she had on black pumps with skyscraper stilettos. She had a short blond haircut sort of like a bob haircut. Couldn’t tell her age but her legs looked GREAT! I wonder what the car behind me thought as I was watching this woman more than the car. LOL.

Okay, I’m babbling at this point.

Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home